90-93 New Gas Tanks, Same as Old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90-93 New Gas Tanks, Same as Old?

I'm going to convert my 89 to a 90-93 gas tank just for the fact that I really don't like the noise of an external electric pump (going B6T). I figured the gas tank will bolt up no problem (other than the lines and such but those will be custom) but my concern is if they changed the baffling. Has anyone confirmed that the baffling is all still there on new gas tanks?

For reference this is the tank I'm wanting to buy:
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

I've bought a couple of 'ebay' gas tanks. I really don't remember about the complete baffling, but i do remember having to tweak the baffle closest to the fuel level sender float.

The float would barely touch the baffle and the fuel gauge would only read down to 1/4 tank with the tank being completely empty.

Sorry i can't be of more help.

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
      I've bought a couple of 'ebay' gas tanks. I really don't remember about the complete baffling, but i do remember having to tweak the baffle closest to the fuel level sender float.

The float would barely touch the baffle and the fuel gauge would only read down to 1/4 tank with the tank being completely empty.

Sorry i can't be of more help.
      That's actually really good information, I'll keep that in mind.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I used a rockauto one with no problems. Didn't compare insides though.
        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Working...
        X