Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a DE sub frame fit in a Ford Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a DE sub frame fit in a Ford Festiva?

Hey there Im new to this forum and was thinking about getting one of these sweet little boys just for fun as a neat little toy to play with considering how cheap you can buy them and then it hit me, I have a mazda 2 and was thinking about the similarities and then wondered, Would a DE subframe fit in a Festiva???? I know that the Festiva used a DA subframe and that the DE is a Successor and is currently being used today, I know where a mazda 2 is that is a parts car and it has all of the drivetrain along with wheels and everything and wondered if I could pull stuff off it and hook it up in one of these little toy boxes just to improve what is already awesome. Ive wanted to get one ever since my grandpa got rid of his and I havent seen very many of them and also want the car to be fast so since I dont care about mileage I really just want a fast reliable little car as a good sleeper toy to mess with my friends.

The Mazda 2 subframe will not bolt in, it is a more conventional front suspension to cope with current crash specs and would be a step backwards in an early Festiva. Though the Mazda2 can dance with the best of them!
    BTW, Welcome to the Forum!
    The 2011-2013 US spec Mazda2 is a 6th generation Mazda121 (Ford Festiva ) and is a wonderfull car with many attributes of the original. But the original can be amazing with the right mods.
    Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-15-2018, 10:41 PM.
    No car too fast !

Comment

So then would an engine from a Mazda 2 fit in a festiva?

Comment

It will fit, but the Z series is not as straight forward a fit as a B series.
        No car too fast !

Comment

What cars then have a b series engine and would I need to swap out the computer and harness as well and then what about the transmission will the festiva one fit a b series?

Comment

You're asking questions that are literally answered in many sections of this forum. Have a look through some of the custom engines/drivetrains section threads.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Check out the Wikipedia page for mazda b series engines, It will have a lot of info to get you started.
              Dark blue '91 B6t + E series
              Something new breaks every day

Comment

No need to be rude about it I was just asking question because I talked to an actual person not a 4 year old forum post. It’s hard to get questions answered when most of the forums I go to are either dead or no one knows the answers

Comment

It wasnt that rude, most of this forum is about engine swaps. Here is that wikipedia link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_B_engine
                  When you click on an engine itl tell you what cars came with it. Thats why we recommend that page first.
                  Common swaps are b6 (several variations) b6t, bp and bpt. Adding a turbo to a b6 or bp is done. All bolt up to the stock trans.

A lot depends on your power goals, money and time you want to spend.
                  There are just tons of options, too many to list every couple weeks, so starting with what your goals are is good.

Also check out the engine swap section of the forum

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoticOranges View Post
                    No need to be rude about it I was just asking question because I talked to an actual person not a 4 year old forum post. It’s hard to get questions answered when most of the forums I go to are either dead or no one knows the answers
                    The forum posts here are all made by actual people .

Almost everything you could ever need is already here, if you utilize the search function and browse around in the appropriate sub-forums.

The more common questions are typically not dead, and there is no issue with asking a question on an old thread: "Reviving" threads isn't a crime here!

A lot of us here take pride in the wealth of information that has been archived for future use, so we appreciate it when people use the resources that have been so graciously given!
                    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                    Feel free to PM me anytime!
                    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoticOranges View Post
                      Technically, the only one being rude is the person asking questions without doing any research. No one was trying to be mean, but when there is a new person coming on everyday asking what a B-series engine is and what cars had them, when there are a lot of posts discussing this topic already, it can get a little old and annoying. If you do research, and get confused about something and need some clarity, people won't mind answering questions to help with that, but please do some research first.
                      The Festiva Store
                      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
                        Technically, the only one being rude is the person asking questions without doing any research. No one was trying to be mean, but when there is a new person coming on everyday asking what a B-series engine is and what cars had them, when there are a lot of posts discussing this topic already, it can get a little old and annoying. If you do research, and get confused about something and need some clarity, people won't mind answering questions to help with that, but please do some research first.
                        I think my heater is broken. It's not giving any heat out of the center dash vents. Help!
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Don't understand, tongue too far in cheek....
                          OK, nuff fun
                          No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                          X