Links to xr2 swap into 88 carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links to xr2 swap into 88 carb

Hello all. I found a running xr2 locally with some body damage and bad top that’s seems ripe for a swap to my 88 carbby. I know that being carb’d will complicate this build so I’m looking to learn from others that have already attempted the job. I’m horrible with the search tool on here so if anyone could please insert some links below or just flat out warn me of the biggest hurdles I would be appreciative and will reward everyone with my build thread.

Thanks in advance.

You basically need to perform two swaps, one is you need to convert to fuel injection. I copied and pasted this from someone FB71, maybe, I.ll see if I can find anything on the engine swap part. I really think that is basically just bolt it in redrill the car for the front mount and swap the computer but I'll search around.
    EFI swap
    Find donor EFI car, remove entire wiring harness, ECU, coil and bracket, VAF and brackets, column switchgear, and fuel tank (including access cover) and inertia switch
    2/ remove entire wiring harness from carb car (requires removal of dash and interior panels
    3/ remove carb intake and distributor, coil, fuel filter, solenoids, fuel tank
    4/ install EFI intake and distributor, EFI tank, intertia switch, coil, fuel filter, VAF, switchgear, harnesses and ECU
    5/ finish reassembly and enjoy.

you can retain manual seatbelts easily. Just do not swap over the Passive Restraint module under the driver's seat. Leave the connector loose, or cut off.

The wire harness to the dome lamp will require cutting off the connector, and splicing on the connector for the EFI car dome lamp/Passive Restraints switches. You will only use two wires for the lamp, just cut off the other wires.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Originally posted by ricko1966 View Post
      You basically need to perform two swaps, one is you need to convert to fuel injection. I copied and pasted this from someone FB71, maybe, I.ll see if I can find anything on the engine swap part. I really think that is basically just bolt it in redrill the car for the front mount and swap the computer but I'll search around.
      EFI swap
      Find donor EFI car, remove entire wiring harness, ECU, coil and bracket, VAF and brackets, column switchgear, and fuel tank (including access cover) and inertia switch
      2/ remove entire wiring harness from carb car (requires removal of dash and interior panels
      3/ remove carb intake and distributor, coil, fuel filter, solenoids, fuel tank
      4/ install EFI intake and distributor, EFI tank, intertia switch, coil, fuel filter, VAF, switchgear, harnesses and ECU
      5/ finish reassembly and enjoy.

you can retain manual seatbelts easily. Just do not swap over the Passive Restraint module under the driver's seat. Leave the connector loose, or cut off.

The wire harness to the dome lamp will require cutting off the connector, and splicing on the connector for the EFI car dome lamp/Passive Restraints switches. You will only use two wires for the lamp, just cut off the other wires.
      Sorry I've searched till my eyes hurt for you, Ryann seems to be the king of the search engine, Good Luck
      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Thanks for the response, glad I’m not the only one that can’t deem to use the search tool. I actually get better results through google that link me to the forums it seems.

I’m a little intimidated by the project. I’ve done an engine replacement before but never conversion and have very limited electrical skills.

I have some further questions about the transmissions, can I use the xr2 trans and axels or am gonna using the festivals?

Comment

Originally posted by BustaBust View Post
          Thanks for the response, glad I’m not the only one that can’t deem to use the search tool. I actually get better results through google that link me to the forums it seems.

I’m a little intimidated by the project. I’ve done an engine replacement before but never conversion and have very limited electrical skills.

I have some further questions about the transmissions, can I use the xr2 trans and axels or am gonna using the festivals?
          You will want to use the XR2 Trans and axles. The stock Festiva E series trans isn't built to hold the power of the B6T. You will need to fabricate custome trans mounts, then use spacers on the Engine mount.

Also, when searching, use quotation marks for phrases you want to find exactly, use pluses for words you want to appear next to each other, and make sure your search is 4 letters or longer. If you just search "XR2", it will fail.

For example, if you want to find the phrase B6T Swap, you would type this:

"B6T+Swap"
          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
          Feel free to PM me anytime!
          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

You do not need to convert to a festiva efi harness, the b6t wiring and ecu will take care of that for you. The xr2 swap is the easiest engine to make your carbie into a efi in my opinion. You will however want a efi tank/pump and lines .
            I assume you could just add an inline pump to your carb tank as well but you to avoid any problems I would just get a efi tank and lines if there available to you.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
              You do not need to convert to a festiva efi harness, the b6t wiring and ecu will take care of that for you. The xr2 swap is the easiest engine to make your carbie into a efi in my opinion. You will however want a efi tank/pump and lines .
              I assume you could just add an inline pump to your carb tank as well but you to avoid any problems I would just get a efi tank and lines if there available to you.
              this is good news, thanks for the info. I'm waiting to here back from the xr2 owner now. here is the link to the ad: https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...513545144.html

any other tips are much appreciated.

actually found a good link on here for the wiring and my confidence is building : https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showt...ght=b6t%2Bswap
              Last edited by BustaBust; 03-05-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I don't imagine his phone is ringing off the wall @ $800. I would imagine he would take a lot less for it.
                '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

i just did an xr2 in a carb car. i used an efi tank. the rest is all xr2 swap like normal. pm for any details as its very fresh in my head!
                  1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                  1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                  1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                  19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X