Price for port & polishing cylinder head and intake mani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price for port & polishing cylinder head and intake mani

How much is it to get a good street/strip P&P? I'm trying to get an idea of what I'm going to spend.

Its hard to say, the price will vary by area and shop. It will depend on exactly how much porting you want and any other work, and who's doing it. Your best bet would be to call/ask around and shop for a price. Ask people in your area if they had any engine work and who did it. If several people don't like a particular shop stay away.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

@horseplay : and how much difference can the port and polish make in HP?

Comment

Originally posted by syed3000
        @horseplay : and how much difference can the port and polish make in HP?
        On our cars I don't know.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

with a B3 prolly not too much of an HP increase... but then again, I never tried it...
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

From what I've heard and read a port & polish is really only good if you have other modifications, which makes perfect sense. Open up the intake and exhaust side and the P&P will only help.

Comment

My work on my P&P has costed me a bit, with other mods power gains can be great. You just need a few other things with the P&P to get the power you desire. A p&p with a good turbo and stong bottom could give you some great gains, but I would recommend too a lighter flywheel and a good psi boost with forged heads and conrods.

Dont get discouraged, try what you desire and be creative, these cars are capable of alot

Joe

Comment

hey joe what happened with that motor you were building?

what are conrads? :?:

Comment

Conecting rods
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                  X