B6T and A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6T and A/C

Question for the B6T gurus.... Does the Festiva A/C require the stock ECU left in? Can't seem to get my A/C to work. Starting with the wiring as the system worked well in the B6 car.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Question for the B6T gurus.... Does the Festiva A/C require the stock ECU left in? Can't seem to get my A/C to work. Starting with the wiring as the system worked well in the B6 car.

Yes the ecu grounds the relay to turn on the compressor. There is a way to bypass this by splicing some of the wiring. I did it on mine but can't remember what exactly I did.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
      Yes the ecu grounds the relay to turn on the compressor. There is a way to bypass this by splicing some of the wiring. I did it on mine but can't remember what exactly I did.

Thanks for this. I have the oinout for the B6T ECU and the wiring diagrams for the stock harness.

If my calculations are correct I should splice the GN/Y wire at terminal 'J' on the B3 ecu to the white wire at terminal 1F on the B6T ECU along with the GN wire at terminal 'Q' to the red wire at terminal 1L.

Does that look about right?

B6T ECU pinout

Stock Festiva wiring harness
      Last edited by fastivaca; 07-22-2018, 09:58 PM.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

I'll pull up b6t diagrams at work and double check.

Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I'm interested in this too, I'm gonna add ac to my b6d and I didn't know the ecu controlled the ac clutch.
          Last edited by william; 07-24-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Just about to get going on this so here's what I've figured out.

- wire that goes to terminal J on the B3 ecu gets spliced to the wire at terminal 1F of the B6T ecu
            - wire that goes to terminal Q on the B3 ecu gets spliced to the wire at terminal 1L of the B6T ecu
            - wire that goes to terminal S on the B3 ecu gets spliced to a spot on the B6T Electrical Load Control Unit. This is the wire that comes from the blower control switch.

Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

would you guys mind sending me the ecu pinouts? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by pantheon7113 View Post
                would you guys mind sending me the ecu pinouts? Thanks in advance
                Are you looking for the pinouts for the B3 or the B6T ECU?
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X