Stupid idea for an engine swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid idea for an engine swap...

Has anyone thought about and looked into a vw 1.8t? If it fits it would be a stunner...

I believe someone has done it or in the process.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

Any idea who this might be?

Comment

It might of been a 2.0L, but this site can be difficult to search at times.
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

I'm noticing. It's annoying since I'd really like to find out what's been done or being done.

Comment

No promises as to how soon I'll have the time or inclination but I still have tons of VW stuff and three festy bodies sitting with no engine or trans I'll try to remember tomorrow to take a tape and check length width etc. and maybe some afternoon when I am bored aIll stick a 1.8 and a 5speed in the hole and see what it will take to mount it.I really never thought VW because the Mazda are such easy swap and have plenty of balls.
            30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
            X