what all is needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what all is needed?

i tried searching and really didn't come up with anything so i'm hoping to get some idea of what all i need to swap my auto out for a manual transmission.

a few things...
    1. i don't care how much time or work it's gonna take... i'm mechanically inclined and enjoy working on cars.
    2. the festy i bought was cheap as hell so don't tell me it's easier to go buy a manny festiva.

just wanted to get that out of the way since the one thread i did find, that was pretty much the only response.

i'm guessing... shifter assembly, clutch and brake pedal, clutch cable, shift linkage, transmission (obviously)... i've also heard that the subframe needs to be swapped for a manny subframe since the mounts are different. do i need the manual axles as well and will the auto ecu work with the manual?

thanks

Pics of the Tiva
    Pics of the Cavi

anybody? :shock:

Pics of the Tiva
    Pics of the Cavi

Comment

you will need the manual axels don't know about the ecu..

Comment

DJs right, you'll need manual axles, autos are different. The ecu should work, your auto trans is shifted by throttle angle, vacuum and axle speed. The biggest difference is going to be fuel trim. Typically, autos get a little more aggressive fuel delivery. An old trick for 80's and early 90's Mustang 5spds... swap in an auto pcm. Same goes with the distrubutor usually, but I don't think the Festys are different after 89.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

lol yeah just be glad festivas don't have a hydraulic clutch....I'm converting my 94 cougar to a 6 speed and I'm torn between paying a small fortune for a hydraulic throwout bearing or modifying a mustang clutch pedal to keep the tranny cable op. good luck on the conversion!
          Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
          1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
          1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
          2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Working...
          X