Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Engine Swap

Hey
    Im a noobie and dont hate me for asking this i was just wondering would it be possible to go from the stock 1.6L Festiva motor to the 1.3L Rotary 13B Motor from the 86-88 RX7's just curious if someone has done it also how much fabricating would most likely be involved (fabrication is not a problem for me) i just want to keep the original shape and exterior body (I want to create the one and only "Sleeptiva")

P.S. I love pistons its just that the Rotarys seem to have more power for weight

stock festiva motor is 1.3L.
    I have owned 15 nissan/datsun's and 1 ford. What the hell is the matter with me?
    93 L

Comment

*interesting question, waits for MattSwab to anwer on this one*

Comment

UMM yeah anythings possible you want it FWD or RWD? the problem with FWD is the intake & exhaust hits the steering rack & firewall & such. RWD would probally be easier but why? Just built a tube frame wankel car & frame it with festiva body panels. Look up the COMPLEX ENGIEN SWAP AREA for more info.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Thanx guys for all the info

Comment

is there a certain car i could get the driveshaft/ rear differential from to allow the rear wheel drive or do i have to get a custom built driveshaft and a diff

Comment

also i was lookin for power in ma stiva so i was just wonderin has anyone ever tryed a V8 Northstar in a stiva i saw the one in a 323 but i was jus wonderin if anyones actually gone through wit doin one in a stiva

and one more question do honda civic low rider springs i believe its sumtin like 92-95 fit into a festiva without major drivetrain changes drilling new mount holes and stuff isnt big changing the hub assembly to fit the low rider springs is what i would consider big!!

Comment

I hope you have alot of money too! I think I would rather not destroy a good rx, I loved my 88. But like muscle car said... why not just make a tube frame and wankelize it. The stiva body panels would just look gay tho in my opinion...
                *1992 Sport "Beauty" and 1989 L "Beast"

Comment

I WAS thinking of using a FC complete rear Disc to disc & just fab it up with angle iron & such.
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

The lowering springs do work from those years civic HB's[/quote]
                    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

why bother with a wankle??? And I about bet a northstar wont fit considering the tight fit with our 4cyl swap motors. And I am with trucktiva, hope you have alot of money.
                      "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

i measured and the axel in a first gen rx7 is the same width as a festy

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

Fc rear is about the same too.

Comment

Working...
                          X