Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel snapping?

Hey all,
    I didnt know where to put this post so I guess it will go here. Also, I tried using the search feature for this topic but all i found was this: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/vie...highlight=axel

Anyhow, i was talking with a friend and he mentioned that at high hp i will start experiencing the axel snapping. Is this true? How do our festivas hold up? And what would you guys recommend to aleviate this problem?

try spelling axle correctly.

The trans will fail before the axles.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

What ever happened to spelling cow? I turned it off one day at my dads house because he has dial up and I can't turn it back on.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

The transmission is way to weak for the "high hp" you are talking about, it will split right down the middle, WAY BEFORE a axle goes

Comment

Is it to weak for high hp, or not substainable to abusive driving. I have seen trans hold up well to high hp with a good smooth driver. Also are we talking the festy trans or the gm25 trans?
          "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

We've used every non-turbo model engine that will bolt up to the Festy transmission for circle track racing and have never lost a transmission. I think where these guys are breaking their transmissions is from launching a high hp engine on asphalt.
            You gonna race that thing?
            http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

unbreakable

cv joint are ... too small to break :shock:
              with a bp at 23 psi and racing slick... i twist the long one one time...but i think it is the driver fault ( me !!! ).
              if boot are full of grease and the wheel are not bouncing you cant break an axle on this car. the engine have not enough torq to break them. ( even turbo...)

yvan

Comment

I think Axel Rose actuall did snap a while ago)
                69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
                97 Jag xk8 vert
                06 Mini Cooper S GP
                93 Stiva
                04 Volvo S80

Comment

It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by 69shelby
                    I think Axel Rose actuall did snap a while ago)
                    hahahaha, for sure
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46
                      We've used every non-turbo model engine that will bolt up to the Festy transmission for circle track racing and have never lost a transmission. I think where these guys are breaking their transmissions is from launching a high hp engine on asphalt.
                      Just driving on asphalt will do it. Where your tires will slip on dirt under shock loading the transmission, tires on asphalt will have traction which transmits the force to the transmission.
                      * Retired Festiva-er*
                      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X