b3 cam shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 cam shaft

Hello I have a question about the b3 competition cam shaft that festiva motorsport is selling. Does it really makes a differents in performance for the b3, or is there something better to do for around 200$.
    I have a custom air intake and performance muffler for now.

I know this is the last thing you want to hear but the best bang for the buck if you got 200 and you want power would be to get a b6 long block, mate it to your stock festiva tranny and thats 32 hp upgrade with alot more potential than the b3 counterpart.

Comment

200? That's most likely squeezing it abit. I had about 500 into mine. Used B6 lb 175+ ecu 40+ any gaskets etc you might need for the $175 engine. He would have to find an 89 so that he could still use his CAI. The genie header is about $240.00 adding that and doing the exhaust would be the next thing to do after that. But as I found out, 500 is too much to pay for such a small jump in hp. Ride in a BP Festiva and you'll forget all about trying to raise the hp in the B3 or B6..

Comment

Well I think he just wanted something for a B3 upgrade, but Yeah around here you can get a b6 sor 125 bucks, and if your smart you can get a good one for that price from the salvage yard. Including everythign on it.

Comment

yeah B6's are dirt cheap.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i'm trying to do my B6 swap for $100-$150. but i got lucky in finding my engine (free). ECU was like $20, gaskets are like $50. rings are $30. so tahts my budget. i'm not sure if i'm going to replace the main bearings or not, but if i do thats $30 and so thats going a little over, but no biggie.
            i'm doing a complete rebuild tho, if i was just trying to put it in and run it i could do it for <$100.

the botom line is how much time you have, how much know-how you have (or in my case are willing to learn), and what you want for your $.

good luck
            ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

man guys you got some cheap engines there.. 175-250 here..

Comment

It's only like that at my local pick and pull because you have to pull everything yourself. If you paid them to do it your looking at another 100-200 bucks for there time. If I would have bought this house we where looking at in september, I would have had my own storage shed, and in that shed I wanted to stick a few extra BP motors and trannies :-) Just because I can get them so cheap.

I am looking at the long term sustainability of my pation, that means that as soon as I finish my upgrades, by next winter. I will start buying spare engines, trannies, gasket kits, computers, etcc.. anything that could possibly fail that will be obsolete in the future. I want to be one of the only people with a mint condition festiva in 20 years :-), and one pimptiva next to it.

Comment

Yes that's what i should do put the b6 in. It must be a simple swap. Is the wireing all the same? Does the stock festiva clutch holds? Anything I should look out for or any advise for the swap.

Comment

search the forum for b6 swap you'll find a list of parts that you will need...
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                    X