MAF question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF question

i have a 88 festiva 4 speed but i just bought a 93 5 speed with EFI and i heard that you can do something with the MAF or something and get a few more horsepower. i want to know what this is and how i can do it
    1993 5 speed FI. 2-5/8" tach, short throw, muffler delete. SOLD
    1993 5 speed FI. A/C! muffler delete, 2-5/8" tach, 5% tint, 14" alum. wheels, JVC head unit, 2 MTX 10" subwoofers. 195K
    2000 Trans Am 6 speed
    1997 HD 1200 sportster
    1986 Honda Rebel 250

Not to the MAF, but to the intake in general. Opening up the housing below the filter might give you a little better throttle response. Increasing the size of the intake tubing will also give a little better throttle response. You might see a power increase, but I doubt it. Keeping the filter clean will give more benefit.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

You probably heard about messing with the intake air temp sensor to trick the ECU into richening up the mixture (like it would for colder ambient air temperatures). You could also adjust the air meter dorr spring tension to alter the air fuel mixture.
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

B6T.. you forgot.. neither would be advisable..

Comment

Following on a : '90 Festiva/EFI/5spd/L model/200Kmiles: On the subject of the air flow meter sensor does anyone know how to ck. the correct hookups on the sensor? There are two female connectors inside the hookup side of the sensor but there are (7) wires going into the sensor on the connector side. Of the wires the only ones with any voltage is: the green with red stripe: 12.5V/ Black with white stripe (#4 wire): .5V/ and the Green with black wire on the right end or (7th) wire: .5 V. Of the 3 possible male hookups inside the connector side (inside the meter) which do u hook up? There are only two female connectors for these three male connectors.
          Any help is help here.

Comment

Working...
          X