Is the TD04L a good choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the TD04L a good choice?

What are some of your opinions on this turbo? Does anyone have it on their car?

Has no one used a WRX turbo on their application? I was going to get a vj-11 but that fell through. I have an opportunity to get this turbo dirt cheap.

Comment

which motor you using?
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I have a BP.

Comment

id personally stick with a hybrid t3/04 super 60 myself

You can find VJ-11's all day long....try and find a VJ-20!!
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

For well under $100 I thought it was a deal not to pass up. I'm not too concerned about getting it to fit on my BPT manifold because there are ways around that. Just curious if anyone had any good thoughts on them.

Comment

i use a td05h 16g on a b6t... and its not even that laggy (full boost and power at 3800) so a td04l would be nothing more impressive than a vj11. I would go with a gt28rs and be more than happy.
              Ian Carr
              88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
              99' S70 T5M- faster DD
              86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

I am going with a vj11/vj14 hybrid on my build, good luck with whatever you choose.

Comment

If it cheap & strapped for cash yeah get it. If not get the disco potato like Project b6t said. Thats whats in the works over here.
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

just look at the results on VW 1.8T's with gt28rs... enough said
                    Ian Carr
                    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
                    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
                    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

hey it may not be a bad idea...ive got a vf39 on my bpt that worked well...i know its not the same thing...but i know about all of the flanging issues you'll be having...look to bmc race for adapter flanges....and other stuff...they work a little slow sometimes...but its a really nice product (www.bmcrace.com) and if you dont like how your turbo runs once you get it on there...which im not sure that you wont be plenty satisfied with over 200hp of capability...but if you get real anxious...goto www.boostplanet.com to find deadbolt interprise who can make your dinky turbo run better than a 16g ever thought about...or you can goto www.turbochargers.com and pick up all kinds of upgrades again including an 8cm housing and a gt concepts 16g compressor wheel (ive heard good and bad things about the quality...but you cant beat the prices)...also once you get your flanging and piping down either site provides turbos that are already built up...for as much as infinity horsepower...but im just trying to leave you less discouraged...and its better than running out buying a 1000 dollar turbo straight away...but thats just my humble opinion...uh if you read flow maps there are probably several varieties...on stealth360.com or something like that...go through the tutorials or whatever on how to read them and apply your engine demand lines if youd like...its not entirely accurate...but it gives you a pretty good idea...just know you WILL exceed 100% volumetric efficiency...and continue...to do so pretty much all the way through your rpm range...so you'll have to make some estimations.
                      feels like the sky is gonna fall down and crush me

Comment

Thanks for the information it will come in handy. I'm not trying to make HUGE amounts of horsepower I just want something to have fun with on the road, maybe take it to the tracks. It will be ok, that's if I don't find something I want to make it better. I really just want to build it up so I can say,"I built up a car like that before". I'm most likely going to sell it within another year or so and move onto another project.

Comment

i am selling my t3/t4 super 60 for 100 bucks if you were interested...
                          1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                          festiva turbo b18 project
                          2001 BMW 325i
                          1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

i may be more so than he, although im not sure i have the displacement for that particular trim...but still shout out some brandage and A/R's and a price if you want to
                            feels like the sky is gonna fall down and crush me

Comment

Mizery I might take you up on that offer. I think I know someone who could use one. Do you have pictures of it?

Comment

Working...
                              X