b3 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 mods

I'm debating going with all the b3 mods from fms or just swapping in a b8. anyone got an estimate on how much power you can get out of a b3 with just bolt ons? I just want a car that can safely merge onto the highway, not an out right speed demon(that's for later :twisted
    If the power increase on the b3 is only going to be in the 20 to 25 hp range, would it be wise to keep the little engine? My car has the slushbox, BTW.
    89L- Needs Tranny
    86 Mercury Sable wagon- unfortunately my daily driver (gets around 10 MPG)

There are bolt ons for the b3?
    www.dantheoilman.com
    AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
    Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
    Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

b3

FWIW The B3 makes a great boat anchor. Seriously your best bet would be to swap in a B6 or B8. As modding the B3 especially if you are expecting 20hp (good luck) is really a waste of time and money.

For what you spend on bolt on stuff for the B3 you get more hp from just swapping in a larger engine. The B3 stock is 68hp the B6's run between 78-88 hp depending on what they come out of. a few of the bolt ons that fit the B3 also fit the B6. stick them on a B6 and you might on a good day break the 100hp mark. Save your cash and do a swap, you will be much happier.
      Chris Rummel

Comment

yeah i knew the bolt ons were a waste of time and money, but i wanted to save myself the time of doing a swap( i would've done it later neways). o well, looks like i'll definitely be doing a b8
        89L- Needs Tranny
        86 Mercury Sable wagon- unfortunately my daily driver (gets around 10 MPG)

Comment

I remember hearing someone say that you can bring the B3 up to 100 whp for about $5000. Sounds about right to me.
          GT

Comment

Working...
          X