B6T x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6T x 2

Everybody talks about B6T swap festivas as the end all be all of quick little cars. So, has anybody tried sticking two of them in one car? One up front and one in back. Suzuki escudos are setup like that and they are extremely stable and absolutely fly.
    So, you'd have a 4wd dual engine little rocket. Should be somewhere around 600hp, right?
    Sounds like tons of fun to me if someone has the time and the cash to put into it. I'm short on cash, or trust me I'd try it in a heartbeat.
    My 93' L is stock, but if I could find two more festivas for cheap, I may just try two 1.3's in one car. It would at least be fun if not a rocket like a dual B6T.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

well, first off, we're moving to BPTs now it seems (though my N/A BP has plenty of power for me)... if you're really interested in building a dual B3 car, let me know, I have a used B3 engine sitting in my garage right now. It needs to be rebuilt (one of the cylinders has a hole blown in it) but I'd sell it to ya cheap if you find another festiva and you're looking for a motor for the back. I don't have a tranny to go with it, but I could probably get you one of those pretty cheap too.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yeah, I'm serious. How cheap exactly do you want to sell it for, and how much would it cost to ship something like that?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Once you did a dual B3, when you had the cash, you could always easily go dual B6!!

Imagine two mildly souped up 110 hp B6s for a total of 220 hp. Most of your work will be in the rear fabrication, though.

You're thinking of two ATXs, right?

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Sorry, been busy latley.

Yes, 2 atx's, 2 b3's.

Idealy there wouldn't be much fabrication, because what I want to do is find 2 cars and use most of the front end from one of them for the back end of the final b3 twin.

That way, if I wanted to go the extra mile, I could even have 4 wheel steering.

EDIT: That was a little vague. I meant most of the frame and suspension from the front of the doner. Not the whole front end. That would look weird. Oooh, Photochop time.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

2 B3's kinda a waste. They prob wouldnt make the power of 1 totally stock b6t, plus the extra weight. Just my .02

But 2 bp's or b6ts would be cool
            "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

Shouldn't this be in complex engine swaps?
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

also unless you seriously build your b6t engine you will not see 600 hp between the 2... im going to say around 440hp between the 2. maybe more maybe less. but id say 220 for each motor would be about right.
                1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                festiva turbo b18 project
                2001 BMW 325i
                1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

oh also why wouldnt you be able to do 2 manual tranies? just a little more fabrication on the shift linkage. i dont see why you coudlnt do that and make even better use of the 2 engines....you could even make a bracket to where if you just wanted to use one motor just unhook the shift linkage and you have front wheel drive or a rear wheel depending on how yyou did it. all you would have to do is put one of the 2 in neutral .. im prob just talking it might not be able to be done.. i dont know. but it is a neat concept.. hmm ya never know you might have just convinced me to put my other engine in my already b6t'ed festiva...lol email me if you want and we can talk.
                  1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                  festiva turbo b18 project
                  2001 BMW 325i
                  1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

I'm doing exactly this on my festiva in the future with dual bp's.....both 5 speeds
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Why me?

I read this and realized that I have a B6T installed in an Aspire that has been converted to a truck...a complete B6T and tranny in a Capri....
                      A Mazda RX-7 rear end that would nearly bolt onto the back of the Aspire...and a demented mind. Bet I don't do it, but now a seed has been planted.

I had worked up a few plans for a hybrid car...I need more time and money!

Bruce
                      1995 Aspire 1.6 turbo truck
                      And lots of other Fords with turbos

Comment

the first SCC ultimate street car compition had a dual engined hyundai Tibby. He said he went with auto for 2 reasons: 1 because it was very sleeper style. 2 It was easier to fabriacte. You have to figure out how to do both clutch's either cable or hydro. The shift linkage would need to be taken under or over the trans the flipped 180*. You might not get the required pressure to put it in gear. Auto's are cable operated & will both shift more or less at the same time.
                        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

^^if you were using 2 slushboxes and could get the front to shift a little before redline, and then the rear to shift right at redline (just get the front to shift a few hundred rpm before the rear), you would have continuous power to at least 2 wheels all the time even during shifting... not sure how the internals are set up on an auto but i'm sure someone with a little more knowlege in that area could work something out.

i think having 2 manuals would be awesome, but getting the shift linkage to work would be the hardest part, thought i'm sure not impossible.
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

:shock:

I didn't expect this much interest in it, but now I'm even more excited.

Sadly my eyes and mind are much larger than my wallet, so dual B3's are as far as I could go. Even worse, my needs out-prioritize my wants and I need a 4-door. It's hard to get 4 people in my L, or my 2-door cavalier, so the cavy's going bye bye and I'm being forced into a metro.

I hope somebody tries a twin B6T, though. It'd be worth it to me just to have "B6Twin" on my plate, then when a certain civic that I know of pulls up at a light wondering what that means I could kindly show him. :twisted:

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
                              Shouldn't this be in complex engine swaps?
                              Sorry.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X