B6T x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its ok, it would be custom engines too.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Honestly i don't think it would be that hard to do 2 5 speeds, custom throttle cable and clutch cable for the rear. And weld the hard bar for the shifters together to get it to shift in unison. Run 2 of everything....would take some engineering but definately do-able IMO.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

ahh, wouldnt the rear transmission need its linkage flipped? the drivetrains are sitting the same, pivot in the middle, soo, the rearward one is a mirror of the front right?
        is not sposed ta do that...
        05 subaru legacy gt
        1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
        1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Just thought of something.

Remove both hard bars, and leave them off. Instead mount contact points in the five places where the gears are located around the shifter. These points would activate neumatic rams or electric actuators that you'd mount on the trannies to shift for you into the appropriate gear.

Then, you don't worry about 180 flips or any other problems with the completely mechanical approach to this.

In my little brain, what I said made sense. Anyone else?
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman
            :shock:

I didn't expect this much interest in it, but now I'm even more excited.

Sadly my eyes and mind are much larger than my wallet, so dual B3's are as far as I could go. Even worse, my needs out-prioritize my wants and I need a 4-door. It's hard to get 4 people in my L, or my 2-door cavalier, so the cavy's going bye bye and I'm being forced into a metro.

I hope somebody tries a twin B6T, though. It'd be worth it to me just to have "B6Twin" on my plate, then when a certain civic that I know of pulls up at a light wondering what that means I could kindly show him. :twisted:
            Well a single b6t would walk a civic unless it has its own lil devil under the hood.
            88' Ford Festiva
            97' Chevy Silverado Z71
            94' Chevy S-10

Comment

Well, I don't know about the motor in it, but it sounds beefed up. That may be just a big pipe for show though. Don't know.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

to me just cause a car may be loud or the exhaust sounds cool doesn't meen it's fast, i mean a B6T/BPT is going to be fast and if it has a stock muffler you'd never know, now my festiva is completely stock and the exhaust i have on it gives it a nice deep sound almost sounds beefy, but it's far from fast

Just my 2 cents

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

having one tranny shift before the other sounds like a great way to blow up a tranny.

Comment

Working...
                  X