Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reusable Race Oil Filter

What do you think?:

Buy TOGA Performance Oil Filters - discount prices! Get high performance Import pistons, engine kits, rods, flywheels, crankshafts, camshafts, gaskets & more. We ship worldwide.

TOGA Race Flow Performance Oil Filters
    Developed for high-performance racing motors, TOGA Oil Filter’s race-proven design provides superior protection for your vehicle. And best of all, this may be the last oil filter you ever buy.

TOGA Oil Filters prolong your engine’s life by keeping its lifeblood—oil—clean and filtered. The medical-grade, stainless-steel element screens more contaminates and allows 7 times more flow than traditional paper filters. And, TOGA’s “One Pass” technology means that oil never bypasses the filter—your motor receives 100% filtered oil 100% of the time. This ensures longer engine life and twice the driving mileage between oil changes. (*see notes below)
    Features:
    Our TOGA Performance Race Flow Oil Filter is the last oil filter you’ll ever buy—it’s reusable and features a Lifetime Warranty
    They're environmentally friendly! Old canister oil filters have to be thrown away in the trash and pollute the the earth, these have no filter to dispose of.
    The filter housing is constructed of 6061-T6 billet aluminum that's been polished to an eye-wincing gleam
    Increase your oil change intervals from 3000 to 7000 miles: The Filter pays for itself!
    Machined finger grips allow the filter to be removed by hand—no clumsy filter wrench needed
    TOGA Oil Filters provides a new thread adaptor, at no charge, so you can swap your filter to a new vehicle (see note)
    The TOGA Oil Filter is easily cleaned with off-the-shelf solvents like carburetor and brake cleaners
    100% of your engine’s oil is filtered 100% of the time—“One Pass” technology eliminates the bypass valves found on traditional filters
    The TOGA Oil Filter's reusable element is made from laser-cut, medical-grade T304 stainless steel
    Perfect for Turbo Applications where oil pressure and volume can cause early breakdown with the interval moving parts in the turbo.
    Environmentally friendly—never toss another oil-soaked filter in the trash
    TOGA Oil Filters are put to the test everyday in the grueling world of NASCAR, Toyota, Formula One and off-road racing
    Your TOGA Oil Filter does not void your vehicle’s warranty
    Is it worth $90?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Sweet find, i love toga stuff. I may get it, but how much is a replacement cartrige
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I believe you just use carb or brake cleaner to spray out the inside filter element, which is steel mesh.

Karl

Comment

You just take apart and clean. Alot racers use these to see when there motor is starting to break down.
        "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

I'll stick with amsoil filters. I really can't see carb cleaner cleaning out 10 micron wide pores.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

You could buy a lot of normal filters for ninety bucks :roll:

Comment

BTW, I just paid $1.50 for some cut rate oil filter from Rockauto. I think I'll use it on Twinstiva for the first oil change, and do another change within a 1000 miles or so. Or maybe I'll use it for an engine flush.

Actually, the problem I see with this reusable filter is not the cost so much as all the chemicals/VOCs you would be putting out in cleaning it thoroughly, which may not make up for keeping all those conventional oil filters out of the landfills. You'd use at least one can of cleaner per job, which would still cost you about 2 bucks, too. So a "new, clean" oil filter still ain't free. Finally, there's the extra weight involved in an engine part that would be maybe half as light as the conventional part. Yep, I'm anal about lightening my front end!! Even by a few ounces.

Karl

Comment

Karl,
                I had one of those for my 5.0 Mustang, real cool looking. It got to be a pain having to clean it each time. I would base my oil changes on when I knew I would have time to clean the filter. I finaly quit using it and went back to the Motorcraft FL-1A.
                Just my $0.02.
                ~Jeff
                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Jeff, that actually makes sense. There's nothing on the site about how long it takes to clean the filter out really well. Aye, there's the rub!

Oftentimes when theory and reality meet, theory gets its a$$ kicked.

Karl

Comment

^^ I love that quote Karl!! ^^ :-)
                    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Silv3rBull3t
                      ^^ I love that quote Karl!! ^^ :-)
                      +1 A quote to live by.
                      "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

They suck.

They only filter down to like 40 microns. A good paper filter will do 25 microns pretty easily. AMSOIL claims about 15 with their new EAO line (which I'm now using).
                        www.dantheoilman.com
                        AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
                        Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
                        Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
                        X