Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-code VAF hybrid......Has anyone done it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-code VAF hybrid......Has anyone done it??

Was searching the boards on clubprotege, since im a member there know and found out that you could take a k-code VAF off of a 88-92 mazda 626 or Ford probe 2.2l and swap the board from your original VAF. Thus gaining approximately 3-5hp fro the bigger size and more airflow of the 626/probe VAF.

Seems simple so i bought one at the JY and I'm gonig to try it out tonight, and post the gains if there are any via G-tech.

Also to are supposed to be able to tune them by cutting away the silicone on top removing the black cover, the board and repositioning the gear in it. This might be a nice mod for those auto x-ers who are looking for every ounce of power.

-Wes
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Re: K-code VAF hybrid......Has anyone done it??

Originally posted by festivaWES
    Also to are supposed to be able to tune them by cutting away the silicone on top removing the black cover, the board and repositioning the gear in it. This might be a nice mod for those auto x-ers who are looking for every ounce of power.

-Wes
    Someone posted a link to an article on this - look at the "650" thread in custom engine & drivetrain.

Comment

Ohhh yeah i forgot someone had to do the same thing to their 32.5hp 2 cylinder monster
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
      X