Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Carbed intake go on a Injected head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Carbed intake go on a Injected head?

I'm talking about putting the carbed intake manifold on a stock festiva 1.3l injected engine. Not really too "custom" but I thought someone here would know. thanks
    4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

should fit. I've never actually owned a carbed festiva, but I've taken a few apart at the yard and the heads look the same
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Should work.

I know a guy in town who did the opposite - put an EFI intake on a carb'd head - and he had no problems.

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Just remember that the camshaft on the EFI engine may not have the lobe to run the carb fuel pump. You may need to swap camshafts as well.
        1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
        2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Is there a year range that doesn't have the fuel pump lobe? Or is it hit or miss?
          4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

From what I've seen, it looks like all of the FI Festy motors have the fuel pump lobe on the cam. It disappeared when they revised the cam for the roller rockers on the Aspire motor.

The motor in my '88 right now came from a '91, I put my carb intake and accessories on it.

Comment

i've dealt with this before the heads are identical, and i'm 95% sure there is a lobe on the EFI camshaft for the mechanical fuel pump, but it would be worth double checking

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Even if there's not a lobe, you could always run a low pressure (built for carbs) electric fuel pump.

Comment

100% sure it will. I have a 93 engine in my 88.
                  Pulled the intake and carb off the original engine and it bolted right up.
                  The fuel pump lobe is there and the engine runs just fine.
                  Plus you get hydraulic lifters so you never have to adjust your valves.
                  ~Jeff
                  1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                  1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                  2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

So, for me to use an Aspire engine on a carbed Festiva, I would have to go with low-flow electric fuel pump, correct?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

yes...
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks, but irrelevent now, since the engine I was trying to buy got sold out from under me. :evil:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                        X