B6D, hard to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6D, hard to find?

Hey, it took me a long time to decide on the engine i really want in my car, and i think i probably picked one of the hardest to find. I did some research on the B series, and the one that caught my eye was the 6D, i want the DOHC and if it actually will do 7k rpms would be very much welcomed. Its the MX-5 that has this engine is it not? if im mistaken somone correct me PLEASE!

If anyone has done a B6D swap and can report on its performance i'd much appreciate it.
    Also the B5 dohc looks like a good alternative, if anyone has any thoughts on that i'd be glad to hear them aswell.
    Thanks,
    Sean

1.3Liter 4 cylinder FI , OHC, FWD, 3DR, 4ST, Stud. Tires

b6d was in the n/a capris mx-3 and miata. The only differences between the 3 is the intake manifolds, the rated hp, and the miata wasn't front wheel drive. I got a complete capri drivetrain for alittle more than 400 at a pick n pull. Its the same amount of work as a b6t swap. Oxbrain got his to work with the stock festiva computer and harness though. Last time I went to the track I ran a 15.3 with it.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Wow, That a sweet time for a N/A car. I dont think it would be hard to make it a b6d-t would it?
      "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

Its not that hard all of the b6t turbo stuff will bolt up. I was going to do that but I found a complete b6t swap for less than it would cost to turbo the b6d. So im just going to swap in that as soon as I get another car to drive.
        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I got my b6d from a capri. It's running on all stock wiring and festiva sensors. The distributor took some grinding to get it to bolt up, and I've been having a lot of problems with the timing and running way too rich.

In all honesty if I had to do it again I'd build a better sohc, or find a b6t. There is more power than the sohc b6, but the same amount of torque so it doesn't really feel faster. Since I'm using the 323 computor the redline is still 6400. The miata got a lighter crank, so the capri block might not take 7000 rpm. In the long run the b6t will just give more power for less money and work.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

im also taking mpg into consideration : how many mpg does a b6t get approx. and what cars are they in?

1.3Liter 4 cylinder FI , OHC, FWD, 3DR, 4ST, Stud. Tires

Comment

Working...
            X