Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are different years Festiva's transmissions interchangeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are different years Festiva's transmissions interchangeable?

Hi! I have a 89 Festiva with 254000 miles on it. I have been driving it for the pass 10 years, and it gives me no problem at all. Now, the auto tranny is going bad. I am in the stage of looking for another one from junkyards. Here are my questions.

1) Are Festiva's transmissions the same even from different years? I watched through many post up information here, and I have got this feeling they are interchangeable. Or Aspire's transmissions working just as well?

2) What about engines? Are B3 from different years can fit into my 89 Festy?

3) what other engines I can put into my Festy without doing any modification?

Many thanks for helping and pardon my poor English!

Fafa

the only differences in the trannies are auto to standard, other than that there the same

any b3 from any year festy will work, but if your going from carbed to EFI (or vise versa) you'll need to reuse intake etc. from the car onto the new motor

the B6 SOHC is a direct bolt in

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Many thanks Damkid! This opens up my options on doing shopping! The Festy I have is a EFI. I live in NYC. I can hardly see a Festy on road.

Fafa

Comment

what about 4 bolt vs 3 bolt? Those were the choices at my local junkyard dealer's book.... I didn't understand what he meant, 3 choices.... auto, 3 bolt, or 4 bolt....

Comment

I don't think this is a hijack. I read "I am in the stage of looking for another one from junkyards."

I have an auto tranny for sale. It will save you a trip to the JY. I live in Zanesville OH. It works perfectly. It is still in my car I am getting ready to do a complete custom rebuild to. The odometer in the car says 83,000. The tranny definitely feels tight. I will not be using this tranny (5 speed for me). I was in Elizabeth NJ the other week and it is only 6.5 hours from my house. I could see the NYC skyline. LMK if interested. btorrez2@yahoo.com

Damkid you said the B6 SOHC is a direct bolt in. Do you mean computer and all including all wire harnesses. Simply "Plug and Play" or did you mean "direct bolt-in" as in; it mounts up but needs wiring work?
          -Bryant

Comment

The B6 is a physical direct bolt in.

You will need to use the B6 ECU and Wiring harness and basically re-wire
            1996 GLi Festiva
            Clarion DB36MP
            Xplod 16cm XS-GF1621X (x4)
            Pioneer 30cm TS-W305C
            ALPINE MRP-F250

Comment

Working...
            X