Swapping seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seatbelts

My 83 econoline van only has lap belts, never got pulled over for not wearing a seat belt, my dad did once though and the cop saw it had lap belts, and the cop wasn't a moron, so no ticket. Of course my dad gets lucky alot, I dont. I think if I put that van back on the road now I would get a ticket, because most cops weren't cops in 1983 when lap belts where normal. (I call them the reason the "Oh Shit" Handle was invented).

I gave my friend a concusion on the dash board in that van, "good brakes, good brakes" :-)

I have heard about the harness not being considered DOT approaved for road use, so if a cop was an ass in NY he could probably give me a ticket for the belts.

Comment

Re: seatbelts

Originally posted by Gforcefd
      I have heard about the harness not being considered DOT approaved for road use, so if a cop was an ass in NY he could probably give me a ticket for the belts.

Thus why when I get my seats w/ 4point belts, I'm leaving the regular belts in. and velcroing a sharp tac folder to the floor along side the e-brake in case the belts ever stick in an accident.
      "Nothing's gonna grieve us
      When we drive Festivas
      I could go a hundred miles an hour
      Long as I got the Almighty Power
      With my plastic Jesus
      Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

Working...
      X