My Screen Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Screen Install

Well... The girlfriend and car team purchased me a 7" screen a number of years ago... It sat under my bed for the longest time, until I started working on it on Friday...

I cut a spare trim piece from when I originally got the screen, but it's been sitting ever since.

There was a case surrounding it, but it made everything too wide and fit in the space. I didn't feel like cutting my dash apart to fit this, so I just removed the case and stuck it in. I had a few ideas about how to mount it, but ended up with a couple L-brackets at the bottom to hold that in and then a zip tie up top to hold it in place. It's in there pretty good.

I need to clean up the wiring behind the dash (there's just a bunch of excess I want to cut out) and then I need to get a new surround piece and re-cut it. I was rushing some of the pieces and ended up cracking the top. It'll hold me over for now so that it doesn't look too bad, but it needs touched up.

At any rate. It works pretty good. Runs directly off my headunit, which plays DVD's and everything.

-Simon
    Simon - pimptiva.com

nice! I'd thought about doing that before too but I doubt I'll ever be able to afford a screen lol... good job though, it looks pretty slick :thumbright:
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Pretty sure the screen was less than $100 when they got it. Probably can be had for even cheaper now.

It helps that I didn't have my HVAC controls in there anymore due to lack of a heater core.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

you should have a track layout of autocross on the screen
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
        Paulbarrera12.com
        Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Nice mod Simon !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6― + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Haha... The only problem would be the tracks constantly change... I'm sure that if I had my laptop with me, I could probably do a quick layout, output to DVD format and then burn a DVD to play while I'm driving.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

That looks really good in there !!

Nice job !!
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

be sure to post a picture of it with the new trim piece finished.

Nice mod, but I couldn't get rid of my heater for that. :lol: it just gets to cold here in the winter.

Comment

^^just would need to take out the center ducts....there are other to take their place....lol
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^^yes but then I would have to remove the climate controls also for that setup. And then the heat would either always be on or always be off. :lol:

Comment

You could probably relocate the controls elsewhere... The most common place I've seen in "tuner cars" is in the glove box...
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I did the same thing a couple of years ago,
                        but my screen went wrong...And I had to remove it.

Nice mod simon! , itīs really nice to have a screen in front of you in a festiva/pride , in my car i had a NES (bujajajaja) just for play something .

bye!

Comment

Looks good! Mine will play DVD's if I put them in the headunit, and displays the track lists for CD's that I play... It's good enough for me. At least it's finally installed.
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

It looks great clean up the dash trim and it will be flawless.

You could install the remote monitor sensors in your valve stems and monitor tire pressure while driving and get a monitor box and monitor your engine on the screen - kinda like in the Nissan Mirrano

I actually though about moving the HVAC unit since its cable driven doors you would just have to get longer cables and custom cut, my mode select door is actually this way already since it broke a while back.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                            92 GL - parts car
                            97 aspire - parts car
                            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Nice!!!!!
                              Kevin
                              '93 L (BP{T} Sold
                              '90 L Plus Sold
                              '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

Working...
                              X