Driver's seat replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver's seat replacement?

Anyone know of a seat from, maybe another vehicle, that would preferabbly bolt into the stock mounts, and feature a lumbar support? my lower back is effed and the recent 5 hours one way drives i've been doing dont realy like it. my cheap alternative has been a rolled up towel but my seat is seriously deteriorated anyways so im interested in a fix.
    1990 Festiva, flat-black, cab lights, 7" round headlights, and air horn!
    ASE-Certified/KIA certified/HVAC Certified Automotive Technician in Medford, OR

I have seats from a 93 prelude in mine. Easy install, just a few tabs to make. They are so much more comfortable than the stock seats.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I had a problem with the stock seats giving me back pain too on long drives, so I modified 1993 Protege GT seats with the help of DJ's how-to article, and while they don't have adjustable lumbar support, they do have more support than the Festy's seat, and in the right places, at least for my size (I'm 6'1", 200lbs), now I know the US equivalent a Canadian Protege GT would be an LX, but I don't know if the seats are the same...
      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

When I learn to weld, I will be installing a pair of excellent condition '88 Tracer front seats in Luxstiva. The driver's side features a three position lumbar support adjustment! Go to a 'yard and check these out if you can find a nice set. They may be more difficult to install than those Prelude seats Matt has, but I got mine from U-Wrench-It for $15 each!

Both sides also adjust height at the front and back of each seat bottom (for rake), as well as having map pockets in back and a grey velour that comes really close to matching a grey Festiva interior. The right side has a smaller version of the Festiva underseat tray and they have separate head restraints. Very nice.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Do the seats listed above sit higher, lower or about the same height as the stock seats?

David

Comment

I've got a set of 323 GTX seats in mine. Followed the how-to by DJ in his How To forum below.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I've got a set of Mecury Capri XR2 seats in mine did the same thing as DJ.
              Drivers seat has lumbar.
              Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
              99 Dodge Caravan SE
              95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
              94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
              78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
              78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
              03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
              95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
              95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
              95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

My Dream is to install a pair of Vader seats from a BMW M3.....

One day... One day....

SHOTGUN on anyone who ends up somehow installing vader seats! It would be my idea so I shall get credit!!

Comment

Originally posted by dahodges
                  Do the seats listed above sit higher, lower or about the same height as the stock seats?

David
                  The prelude seats sit a little lower

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                  BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                  BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                  New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

looks like the 323 seats are a little easier to do and find.
                    my car is a beater, and not a show car by any means. ill have to get new pics and share. haha
                    but i def need some more comfort. i plan on holding onto it for a little while.
                    1990 Festiva, flat-black, cab lights, 7" round headlights, and air horn!
                    ASE-Certified/KIA certified/HVAC Certified Automotive Technician in Medford, OR

Comment

This one has always cracked me up ..

F3BZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
                      put 20 mi on it today. friggin funny- i'm driving it like an old lady. gentle accel, gentle stops. i usally drive like a crazed maniac in my 91 deathtrap. omg, i never had a festy so quiet and tight. didn't know they were so nice when new. first thing i noticed was how much higher you sit on foam cushions that haven't been compressed by 200k mi of butt.
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

A cheap fix is to buy some 1 inch think foam.
                        I bought a piece 1"x36"x60".
                        Take the seat back cover loose at the bottom and slide the 1" piece of foam between the springs and the existing foam.
                        You will have to experiment to get a piece the size you need.
                        You can also add more pieces if you need too.
                        This will also work on the seat bottom, but it can be a bit tricky getting the foam between the spring and the existing foam, but it can be done without having to remove the seat cover.
                        ~Jeff
                        1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                        1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                        2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

:thumbright: My kind of fix!
                          Cheap and functional!
                          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                          Your holy ghost will not save you.
                          Your God plutonium will not save you.
                          In fact...
                          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Or go completely crazy,spend an outragous amount & have your genius cousin fab up some slick custom brackets.

Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

i have an mx3 seat in mine, had to make 3 new tabs to bolt the seat down, one lined up. My other festiva has a sparco torino witha bracket kit for a 96-99 civic the same tabs i made for the mx3 seat fit the sparco seat bracket.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                              X