Some Exterior Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Exterior Questions

I have a couple thoughts that i would like to do to my car and was gonna see what u guys thought about it. First, i do not have a sunroof on my car, i would like one, but i like to be different of course, so i been looking at getting a Rag top, one for a VW bug, and making it work for a festiva. I dont think it would be to hard, although i haven't taken any measurements yet. Second, im thinking of painting my car soon. It is white right now, and i think im just gonna keep it white. What do u guys think of the matching bumpers and wheel look? Im not going for anything to aggressive so im keeping the 12's till i can't get tires for it anymore, then i have a set of 14" RX7 Rims im gonna put on it. What do u think, any good?

Here is the paint im looking at

Im also probably gonna go with clean corners , and amber turns like in this picture. Also going with the open grill, and the round headlights, those are already underway.

(GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
    95k Original miles
    New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

kia prides came with the canvas top like the VW's also the Mazda 121's Simons old car had the rag top and it looks sharp - I also plan on having the rag top.

In your second link - the mods look good accept the rally lights on the roof - they dont fit there - you might try in the grill since your taking it out anyway.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

lol yeah the lights were just for fun, thats a picture that i use when im thinking of stuff to try on the car, we have another festiva that we are building right now that has long suspention travel on it, lol its crazy its for jumping and offroading haha i will have pics up soon. And as far as a VW rag top i just checked it will not fit, its about 2 inches to wide, and as far as long, well it would take up pretty much the whole roof
      95k Original miles
      New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Originally posted by piratewilly
        And as far as a VW rag top i just checked it will not fit, its about 2 inches to wide, and as far as long, well it would take up pretty much the whole roof
        check out www.pimptiva.com go to the gallery and look under pimptiva #3 you will see the Rag top in Simons old car

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

It seems you are seeking opinions; I like: the white paint, the round headlamps, and the little scoop thing at the rockers near the rear wheels; only think i don't know if i like is the white quarter windows with, what is that, a scoop? in there. overall a nice look though.
          I wish there was a old VW style crank-open solid sunroof that would fit our cars!!!
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg
            ; only think i don't know if i like is the white quarter windows with, what is that, a scoop?
            relocated gas filler? like a race car
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
            Paulbarrera12.com
            Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

lol yeah that was an idea i had to sheet metal the rear windows, so i was just seeing how it looked, and yeah thats a gas filler if i were to put a fuel cell in it. The fuel cell would be to close to the ground if i put it under the car, so in it has to go. Then i will have to build a box around it cause ur not allowed to have a fuel cell inside the car, for scca and nasa anyways. I decided that it would be a better idea to lexan the rear and back windows though, not put an external fuel filler and just have to lift the rear hatch to fill with gas, or i will just use the stock location and make it fill into the fuel cell, it all depends on how the rear tire fits on the cage that im building. I have another festiva that is getting long travel suspension. Its actually coming along a lot easier then i thought it was going to. Think Ford ranger prerunner truck mixed with the body of a festiva, its gonna be like a street legal Polaris Ranger haha
              95k Original miles

Comment

It would look like this.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                  It would look like this.
                  MORE INFO REQUIRED!!!!! :twisted: Were they sold from the factory like that? Ive considered this mod in my mind !

Comment

no they were not, lol.
                    -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
                    -1993 Festiva L

Comment

yes they were sold like that overseas
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

hence the front license plate
                        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Yes they had delivery Prides like that in the UK. I am looking into removing the rear side windows in a Festiva I have.
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

whatttt? I stand corrected. I thought is was a really good photoshop!

uhem... Yes they did sell them like that!
                            -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
                            -1993 Festiva L

Comment

I like the idea of blocking out the back side windows. Wonder if it's legal to do that here, since they weren't sold that way?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                              X