No announcement yet.

What all will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats kinda what I would like to see here. The more we all contribute to the list, the more complete.
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Well, I'm off to the junk yard in one hour, with list in hand. Really hoped it would be longer, but thank you guys for all you input. Any one need anything while I'm out there?
      Going old school...

Comment

possible new find.... for a clock!!!! mid 90's mercury sable dash clock. grabed one while i was at the yard yesterday just for giggles. it looks easy enough to pop in with a simple mod to that dash plate. will post pics when i get it working, but first the TBI carb set-up i'm still working on...

oh, and i didn't see capri knuckles and calipers with aspire LCAs on the list so add that as well (note: you must use bothe for the brake swap to work)
        Last edited by FestYboy; 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM. Reason: add more stuff
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          possible new find.... for a clock!!!! mid 90's mercury sable dash clock. grabed one while i was at the yard yesterday just for giggles. it looks easy enough to pop in with a simple mod to that dash plate. will post pics when i get it working, but first the TBI carb set-up i'm still working on...

oh, and i didn't see capri knuckles and calipers with aspire LCAs on the list so add that as well (note: you must use bothe for the brake swap to work)
          I think I'm gonna just do interior/exterior mods in this thread and see how well it goes. THEN maybe do other list.(will probably follow what area I am modding on Bruce)
          Going old school...

Comment

mercury capri gauge cluster can be jammed in an aspire by cutting the mounting tabs off. the surround holds it in place just fine. not sure about the wiring cuz im planning on using the entire harness out of the capri

Comment

cup holder from mid 90's Taurus
              not sure about the write up but alot of people on here have done it.(hope i didnt ruin a big secret) these are the cup holder coin trays that fit where the radio is or in the console of the lx.
              Last edited by smithtaka4n1; 05-26-2008, 04:45 PM.
              1988 p.o.s. (228,000 and still going)

Comment

Originally posted by smithtaka4n1 View Post
                Pics? Link to write up? More info please.
                Going old school...

Comment

Mazda Protege mirrors have to be off of a Protege LX.
                  Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                  99 Dodge Caravan SE
                  95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                  94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                  78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                  78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                  03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                  95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                  95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                  95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

I was thinking, if the power mirrors fit, why not the manual? Same mounting holes right?
                    Going old school...

Comment

Ok, I know this is an old thread, but I think that it should be on top again so people can see it easier, plus so more people can add what can all fit.
                      -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                        You want a write up of how to fit Gleases fat body in one? I would think itd be fairly straight forward!:lol:
                        I know that I have to use a shoe horn for mine. :lol:
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                        88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                        88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                        06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Which Camry turn lens is the main guy talking about? The corners, or the blinkers that are in the bumper?
                          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                            Which Camry turn lens is the main guy talking about? The corners, or the blinkers that are in the bumper?
                            Blinkers in the bumper.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by smithtaka4n1 View Post
                              not sure about the write up but alot of people on here have done it.(hope i didnt ruin a big secret) these are the cup holder coin trays that fit where the radio is or in the console of the lx.
                              good lord a cup holder in my festy there is a god!!!

Comment

Yeah, the taurus cupholders are a popular mod for various cars that come without them. For that reason, they're pretty easy to find on ebay. A lot of the VW guys over on vwvortex use them. I've got one sitting here if I ever get around to putting it in. I still don't understand what would possess a manufacturer to build a manual transmission car without cupholders. Do you have any idea how hard it is to text message, eat, and shift at the same time, all while holding a jack and coke?

edit: Ha ha, I just realized this is an old thread
                                Last edited by garylau; 05-30-2009, 08:58 AM.
                                1992 Subaru Legacy
                                1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Comment

Working...
                                X