Hood lifters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood lifters?

I broke the rod that holds my hood up.(OX SMASH) I tried taking one out of a junkyard car, but I can't see how to get the plastic bracket out without braking it too.(OX SMASH)

I've seen those hydraulic lifters on simons car, I was wondering how difficult they were to install. I don't need anything auto, just something that looks better than th 2x2 I'm using now.
    OX SMASH!!

its pretty easy to install. look around on ebay for a strut/hood lifter kit, theyh are pretty much universal but they come in different legnths.

to install you basically lift your hood up to where you'd want it to be, take the hood strut & drill it into the side of the fender where u want it. then drill it into the hood where u want it. Then close it and make sure it works. Choosing the right degree angle is key too, you'll have to mess w/it before making & drilling but it isn't hard at all, shouldn't take more than 30 minutes
    Wil
    02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
    00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
    05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
    93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
    96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
    93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

vw rabbit ones work perfectly and take about 5-10 minutes to install.

concept1.ca

Comment

I don't have anything on my car?

I use 2 prop rods for shows, but besides that I use the regular hood catch.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I bent mine in two twice because I forgot about it and tried to shut the hood :lol:. They aren't very sturdy :shock: . I'll be putting the little gas shocks on my car.
          -Bizarre-
          keeper of The Brave Little Toaster and Bizarre

Comment

I have one on my car as well. Only needed one. I always ask other ppl to open my hood and they almost knock their teeth out every time.

Comment

Originally posted by festscort

concept1.ca
              I picked up my VW Rabbit hood struts from Concept 1 here in Calgary! Check out the my photos:

Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

what for wheels do you have on you festy? are they stock bolt pattern? what size? they're sweeeeeet.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Bling Bling!! They must add at least 10hp!!
                  Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Evo I love that Idea... I am gonna try that with my festiva... maybe I'll get lucky and actually get someone to hit themselves with the hood :twisted:
                    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by festscort

concept1.ca
                      any particular year and model of VW Rabbit????

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
                        what for wheels do you have on you festy? are they stock bolt pattern? what size? they're sweeeeeet.
                        Those are 13"x5" Mazda alloys from the late 80's with the Festiva bolt pattern. I'm running 175-60 13's with no rubbing.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                        X