Hood Question For DJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood Question For DJ

DJ - After you finished and mounted that bitchin' custom hood, did you notice any difference cooling-wise and/or changes in handling? Seems to me when you're venting that much air out the top of the hood that only good things could happen....ideally your running temp dropped a bunch and the front end would feel better planted at cruising speeds. I wanted to wait to ask you after you'd made the long trip to Michigan and had a chance to evaluate it. :wink:

Thanks, I'm just really curious -
    Roland

Before the hood, the temps at or around 90 ambient would put the engine temp right at a little over half.. always.. In a daytime traffic jam it would almost hit 3/4.. At night it was just under half.. but remember that little radiator is also cooling the atx trans fluid.. After the hood , same ambient, the day temps are just below half and in a daytime traffic jam just a little over half at night steady 1/4.. The temps are at or about 80mph or a dead stop in traffic. Normal 65mph driving it is lower all around.. also after a normal day on the road it cools much faster that it did before.. If you wave your hand over the vents and you can feel all that heat coming out vs. none from anywhere else.. worked real well.. I had to shim the hood pins so that when pinned closed, it would be tight and line up with the fenders and the cowl... I posted some pics in the gallery of the pin setup..

Comment

Thanks, that's about the amount of improvement I expected...good job!

Roland :thumbright:

Comment

hey dj maybe you should get together with roger at fms and see about having those hoods produced....i know i'd like one
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Working...
        X