Tiburon seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wide bolsters

You are right! The side bolsters on the seats are too wide for the stock rail location. The shifter hits the driver seat in second and the passenger seat in reverse.
    The solution to this problem is to move the seat away from the center. Just swap the front inside feet (with a couple of weld squares for an additional 3/4" , and swap and turn the crooked 88 - 89 feet onto the 1993 brackets for the inner straight feet. By swapping brackets (drivers and passengers) you will gain over an inch of clearance on each side.

Comment

picture

Here is a picture of what I mean by removing the old seat leg and replacing it with a relocated, turned around one.
      This is the solution for any large bolstered seat

Last edited by bravekozak; 07-27-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

inner mounts

Here is a picture of the front inner mounts. I swapped sides and welded a small extension plate to get the seat away from the centre console and the shifter.

Comment

ok.... in mine i have seats from a 09 tibouron.... i used the stock rear seat mounts...the only thing i did was cut one of the pins on the inner side rear to be able to rotate the mount i then had to use a spacer with a longer bolt on the rear outside as the mounting point isnt level with the others. on the front mounts we cut the old ones off the stock festy seats and welded them to the new ones after but you have to measurethe width of the holes for stock mounting location in the car... as for the shifter hitting... if you put some nice bronze bushing in all 3 linkage points 6 bushings total.. and also put an sts in it should be tight enough and short enough to not worry about it hitting the seats at all
          91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

I would thing with the srs they would be heavy as heck...

Comment

there not really that much heavier and as for the buckle situation its a simple bolt removal on both to swap the festiva ones over
              91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

one in

I finally got the passenger seat in and checked to make sure it cleared the stock shifter. I am still waiting for my bronze bushings for over a couple of months now. As you can see from the first picture, there is lots of room to the parking brake console. There is about half an inch of clearance to the shifter knob in reverse. I do not have a six speed transmission. The reason why I bought the RX-7 shift knob on the Bay is because it matched the Tib seats and I was the only bidder at 99 cents.

As for the clearance to the door, there is enough to clear the map pocket. I am still going to remove the map pocket when I install power window winders.

When you sit in the Tib seat, you almost don't want to get out of the car.

Comment

I thought about some 1st gen dsm or some evo recaro's.

Comment

I took my seats out today and decided to take a final update picture of the riveted seat mounts.

The Tiburon seats are ultra comfortable and snug. You just don't feel like getting out of the car. The driver's seat has a lumbar support adjustment. The passenger seat does not. It glides back and forth smoothly. The Tiburon seats are probably twice as heavy as the stock Festiva seats.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-11-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Looks good.....I'll keep my EVO8 recaro's though. Lol.

Comment

Someone commented that the seats hit the ebrake housing. Here is a picture of the clearance with the shifter in second gear. No problems if you use the 88/89 side seat mounts with the 93 floor mount bracket.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-12-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I need help to finish hooking up the electrical to the Tib seat belt connector. My problem is identifying which connector is for the seat belt. My second problem is figuring out how whether the electrical wire slides back and forth with the seat. The Tib seat almost touches the floor in a Tiburon. I guess I will just have to find one at a junkyard and take a look. Most junkyard seats are cloth and don't have the side airbag, so that should be helpful. The funny thing is, there are three connectors under the seat. I would like to be certain that it's the smallest one, before I probe it. I freed up enough of the Festiva seat belt wiring to allow it to move. This whole exercise is just so the seat belt warning light goes out legally (without jumping it).
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 10-15-2013, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            This whole exercise is just so the seat belt warning light goes out legally (without jumping it).
                            I give up. I pulled the seat out to finally give a serious look into terminating a new connector. I probed all five wires going to the seat belt receiver, and discovered that they did not have full continuity. There were various resistances across all of the wires. I have no idea what Hyundai was up to. The Festiva seatbelt latch completes the circuit back to the timer/buzzer. I have an OEM factory jumper connector, which I am just going to put on for now. I refuse to pay for a Tiburon online electrical schematic. I also have no intention on disassembling the Tiburon driver's seat. If I post here again, I will have found a seat in the junkyard and used my knife on it.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 11-15-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I guess I've never resold any vehicles I've ever bought! I get rid of any and all of the annoying warning lights and buzzers soon after the car/truck comes home. And now you're telling me seatbelt buzzer is part of a certificate of mechanical fitness?
                              By the way Brave you've personally have kept this thread going for quite awhile.

Comment

bert, how do you get rid of the buzzing in the tach cluster? Do you have to take it apart to get at the buzzer? I've done this with a clothes drier. Those little varmints give themselves away by vibrating a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X