X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newcomb View Post
    Have a bright regatta blue
    Funny, the only Festy I ever wanted was an aqua one, and now our Lemons car is aqua! Funny thing about it, the aqua colored duck tape at Walmart is the exact same color as the car!!

This one is the race car, now I want another aqua one for a dd!!
    1981 242 - Inge - Volvo. for life
    2010 Edge - Vladimir - Ford. for the wife
    2011 Focus SE - Noomi - Ford. for economy, comfort and dependability
    And now...
    1992 Festiva - Lil Chubby - Ford. it's just for racing...and it's not really mine...

Comment

ik what u mean i loved mine it stuck out my buddy still drives it everyday
      89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

so has anyone had any luck with color matching? I'd like to get my new spoiler color matched to my aqua '91 but I have my doubts about anyone being able to accurately match it and keep it affordable..
        1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
          so has anyone had any luck with color matching? I'd like to get my new spoiler color matched to my aqua '91 but I have my doubts about anyone being able to accurately match it and keep it affordable..
          When I was working on my aqua B6T car I wanted to paint the front and rear bumpers,the grille and the spoiler to match. I went to a local body shop supply house, gave them the year, make, model and paint code (SE) then less than half an hour later I had a couple of spray cans filled with aqua goodness. The match is very, very close and you'd have to look pretty hard to tell the difference.

Here's what I started with....

Here's what I ended up with....

The stock paint is a single coat but in order to get the best match I had to go with base coat/clear coat.
          Last edited by fastivaca; 08-29-2016, 10:47 AM.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Googled "Festiva paint colors" and came up with this
            Last edited by fastivaca; 08-29-2016, 10:53 AM.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

nice! thats the best breakdown i've seen.
              Rustoleum Sunrise Red is almost a perfect match to the 88/89 factory red.

Comment

Awwwwesome fastivaca! Your car is definitely an inspiration, absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the link and the info!
                1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

Working...
                X