Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever used bubble style flares? Pics of what I mean inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever used bubble style flares? Pics of what I mean inside.

My project is going to end up with a track that is significantly wider than the stock wheelwells will accommodate.

I don't want to get into tricky fiberglass work or any of that. I just want some 3"-ish flares to cover the wheels as well as possible. I'm thinking of getting some of these.

Link to ebay listing of what I am thinking of using.

Obviously they will need some trimming, but I like this style with nice exposed rivets better than any other flares I have seen, I have just never seen them on the Festiva.

Why not just roll the fenders?

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Somebody here at one time was going to use VW Golf flares I believe.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

I am going back and finishing up a stalled project from a few years ago.

It has completely revamped suspension with completely custom mounting points. It's about 3" lower than stock and to get it all to fit and still have good geometry, it has to be about 6" wide than stock.

I originally planned to build custom blister flares (like a Shogun) but now I just want to charge through until it's done rather than get stalled for two more years learning how to make a suitable mold and lay fiberglass.

Plus, I think those flares look cool on most cars. I just wanted to see a pic of them on a Festiva if anybody had them.

This is NOT my car - this is taken from another forum, but I wouldn't mind if it ended up looking something a little like this:

Comment

Wow, I dont know why but that car just looks ridiculously aggressive.
          Last edited by chrisofna; 12-01-2009, 04:54 PM.
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

lol I was gonna say that's from Dan[sac]'s build thread over on clubprotege!

I can see the butt of his car in there. I say go for it man!
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Yes it is.

It's the only boxy hatchback with that kind of flares that I could find readily.

I think a Festiva done similarly might look pretty cool too, but since the Festiva has those slight bulges around the wheelwells already (which this 323 doesn't), it might look kinda wierd on the Festiva.

Comment

That is a nice 323!!

Comment

that is one sexy 323. I have been looking for flares for my car.

Comment

i think a festy would look awsome done up like that i would go for the flares
                    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                    \/\_____________FORD
                    FOREVER

Comment

I want those! That looks awesome!

-Scott
                      Aqua 93 L
                      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I think it would look good

The pics are no longer visible in the original post but if you search VW Golf Fender Flares it will pull up

I loaded the pics that I saved to my photobucket so you could see though

Last edited by Festiva_tunner; 12-03-2009, 07:50 AM.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                        92 GL - parts car
                        97 aspire - parts car
                        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

The ones on Dan[SACS] Car over on clubprotege.com are for a 240z. He lists the website that is selling them in the build thread. If you think that black one is sweet you should see the one that is cut off in that pictures. KLZE supercharged :-). Those flares are about 220 a set I believe and he bought two sets because the rears are wider an symmetrical so he used them for the front as well.

Comment

Ok, sweet! I'll be getting those for my red beast. The rivet look is cool.
                            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by mikeycar500 View Post
                              i think a festy would look awsome done up like that i would go for the flares
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X