Black Headliner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Headliner!

Hey there, I'm looking for a black headliner for my 1993 Canadian GL (no automatic seat belts) apparently all the MFI cars in the states came with auto seat belts and a hard-board style head-liner... The Canadian cars were stuck with the lovely stretched vinyl...

I know I can go to a shop and get them to make one for me -- But I'd much rather order a ready made one that I can just pop in myself... Anyone able to help me out here?

My car's going in for paint real soon and I'd like the curtains to match the carpet if you know what I mean

Uncle fester's is painted with some sort of black paint. Looks really good, just wished they new what masking was... Bottom line, some sort of paint has to work.
    The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
    1988 LX ~sold~
    1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
    2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
    1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
    2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Comment

As far as I know all non factory colored headliners are custom done. Either with paint or upholstered. BTW our carbed cars have the same headliner as all of your cars.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Ah okay... so if I'm talking to a place in the states about getting one made I should ask them about a headliner for an 88 or 89 festiva

Thanks for the info.. my search continues! (if I recall... I was able to find a place last year when I was looking for one for my 89 auto... hrrm)

Comment

The U.S. 88-89 headliners are identical to the 88-93 Canadian headliners

The U.S. 90-93 headliners are cardboard with material glued to it (i beleive)

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            The U.S. 88-89 headliners are identical to the 88-93 Canadian headliners

The U.S. 90-93 headliners are cardboard with material glued to it (i beleive)
            That is correct

if you want to recolor the existing Vinyl there are sprays out there to recolor them - I've heard others used it but I have not personally - I did pick one up but have yet to use it.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
            92 GL - parts car
            97 aspire - parts car
            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

If i were to re-colour the headliner i'd want the 90-93 U.S. headliner but i just don't know how it would match up to a manual belt interior

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I don't want the cuts for the auto seat belt tracks I wonder how hard it would be to put new material in to cover those...

Comment

Hardly noticeable

I cut my auto seat belt tracks, and they are hardly noticeable once the headliner is in.

Chop, chop.

Comment

Can you get some pics for me with the headliner in?

Comment

Call me stupid, but wasn't this a song by the Steve Miller Band??

Comment

Originally posted by Sandm849 View Post
                        Uncle fester's is painted with some sort of black paint. Looks really good, just wished they new what masking was... Bottom line, some sort of paint has to work.
                        Dupli-color vinyl dye, available at any parts store.

I wasn't concerned about masking because I had plans to cover the rest in matching black vinyl, and swap the glass with factory tinted. Just never got to it.
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Frequently asked questions FAQ about Misheard Lyrics, the largest database of misheard lyrics to songs from four decades. Arranged by song name, artist, or decade.
                          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                          X