lights, cigarette lighter, action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

929 lighter replacement

I went to Mazda parts to see how much they wanted for a Mazda 929 lighter for my lighted receptacle.
    When he said $82 + tax, I had to run outside very quickly for some fresh air.

I have been testing lighters from various cars and none seem to be able to stay engaged when depressed, until today...

Can you guess which one works? and which car it came from?

Comment

Continental

Nobody took a guess. Its the shiny one on the left front. It is lathed from billet and has a threaded stud to attach to the lighter body. It is the heaviest of all of them, since it is solid metal just like the 1967 Continental I pulled it out of at the jy yesterday. The dash was all metal. No plastic. Suicide doors, big block V-8, radio facing up on the right side of the steering wheel, speedo to 120mph, gas gauge, analog clock, lots of lights. What a tank!

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Nobody took a guess. Its the shiny one on the left front. It is lathed from billet and has a threaded stud to attach to the lighter body. It is the heaviest of all of them, since it is solid metal just like the 1967 Continental I pulled it out of at the jy yesterday. The dash was all metal. No plastic. Suicide doors, big block V-8, radio facing up on the right side of the steering wheel, speedo to 120mph, gas gauge, analog clock, lots of lights. What a tank!
        why was it in the yard?? beasts of a car they were

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

This was delivered into my mailbox overnight for my "Protege ashtray insert" search.
          I asked how much it weighs and for a vernier dimension of its sleeve diameter.
          If it fits our Festivas, I am sure some members may want one.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 04-21-2013, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I had one. Tanks they are. They are bad to the bone tho in car guy territory. Since travis barker and others made old caddies cool all over again i found a running lincoln with straight body for the price others were paying for smokers with no interior
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I am pleased to announce victory in an eBay auction for my Millennia cigar lighter with the Festiva mounting ring. I have successfuly bid and won an auction for a replacement light bulb that will finally match the illuminated lighter ring with my instrument cluster. The 73 clear bulb originally had a blue plastic cover over it. I will take a picture after it is installed. It's the little details that count.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 01-29-2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

That's awesome, BK.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

This picture does not do the lighter justice. I need a tripod. When you pull the lighter out, the entire hole is amber! It's also dimmable. Now it matches my radio, dash clock and instrument cluster. The orange security light and cruise switch are unfortunately not in this picture. I should have turned my Viper remote around on the keychain so the orange panic button was visible. Trick or treat.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 05-16-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Is that cluster top lit and back ? That looks very nice.
                    Love the amber.

Comment

Wow I feel dumb I just went and looked at my tack cluster I picked up at the junk yard and answered my own question.

Comment

I haven't installed my Jeep Wrangler under dash courtesy lights yet. They are in a plastic housing with a diffuser dome. The screws are horizontal mount. A ground wire would be required for each of them. However, I believe a vertical mount screw to the dash flange would be best. I won this eBay auction tonight (Mr.1221 is bouncing off the walls after being sniped by Mr. 1224). No ground wires necessary. They would be simple to install. I already have a wire in my harness running from corner to corner specifically for them. I just need to splice into the hot wire to the R/H door switch, and run the wire in the 1/4" split loom along with the two rear hatch actuator wires. The goal is to have the footwells illuminate at the same time as the dome light. This mod is guaranteed to increase the resale value of my Festiva by at least $500.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-18-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X