Funtop questions?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funtop questions?!

I have fell in love with the few funtops here on the website that I have seen and was curious if anybody has ordered one from here ..... http://www.slidingragtops.com/25.html . Seems like a decent deal except it's not electric but that doesn't bother me much. Also what are the dimentions on the ones that came with them from the factory (or did they, are they only in Aus?)? Thanks in advance! This would be a fun project and would make a huge difference in cruising in the Festy
    :festiva::newb::festiva:

Figured I would bump this since there are people on now lol

Comment

As far as I know the full electric funtops only were sold in Germany, Australia, and Japan. If I have time I'll measure my top but its pretty much fills the entire roof. I know the one that was in Pimptiva was smaller than the electrics (his was manual)

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Anybody know what other cars came with funtops? Some that could possibly be found in junkyards?
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
          Anybody know what other cars came with funtops? Some that could possibly be found in junkyards?
          The research I have done show that the old school VWs, Mini Coopers, Kia Prides and the Mazda 121s were the ones that had them. So....... pretty much screwed in my opinion lol

Comment

Suburu Justy had funtops, I have one out of a justy, and it looks like it should work in a festy, which is why I haven't sold it yet.
            -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
              Suburu Justy had funtops, I have one out of a justy, and it looks like it should work in a festy, which is why I haven't sold it yet.
              Yeah, I remember when you got that. I'll have to be on the lookout for one of those I guess!
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

haha, yeah! I'm going to probably bring it to a sunroof shop this summer with all the parts I have for it, and ask them how much they think it should cost, I'd try to put it in myself, but I guess I'm not that great with measuring, and I don't feel like risking a big hole in my roof!! lol
                -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                  I think a few of the older Renault "LeCar"s had them as well. Probably never find a LeCar in a junkyard, let alone one with a fun top.
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                    I think a few of the older Renault "LeCar"s had them as well. Probably never find a LeCar in a junkyard, let alone one with a fun top.
                    I actually have a pic that I will try and find this weekend of me sitting in a le car with a funtop (thank god it had one because I am 6'4, have you tried sitting in one of those things :shock If I can find it I will post

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfulleaf View Post
                      I actually have a pic that I will try and find this weekend of me sitting in a le car with a funtop (thank god it had one because I am 6'4, have you tried sitting in one of those things :shock If I can find it I will post
                      They weren't designed to sit in. Most people who owned them spent the majority of their time standing in front of them with the hood up...............

My sister had a red one ('84 or '85 or something) with a fun top. Wasn't a "bad" car, but not nearly as good as the other imports at the time.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                        They weren't designed to sit in. Most people who owned them spent the majority of their time standing in front of them with the hood up...............

My sister had a red one ('84 or '85 or something) with a fun top. Wasn't a "bad" car, but not nearly as good as the other imports at the time.
                        lol so true! Just in case I cannot find the pic just imagine a guy sitting in one with his shoulders above where the roof should be and a steering wheel rubbing my belly.........and I am skinny

Comment

Working...
                        X