Chin spoiler/valance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chin spoiler/valance

I've noticed some pics of some people running some kind of chin spoiler setup. The other day i was at Burger King and a guy in an early '90s Blazer was parked next to me and i think the chin spoiler is about the right size to mount underneath the stock front bumper. Anyone ever try something like that?

Looks just like this one:

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Although I have a different front bumper, I've got an old volvo lip modded on mine. I'm pretty sure it would also fit the stock festy bumper with similar modifications.....it's real beefy too!
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

There's one they make where it has square fog lights in it that the old school Toyota guys like to use I wanna try, it comes off of the same year S10.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I'm gonna hit up the 'yard in a couple days and take some measurements. I think on a lowered car that lip would look pretty sweet. I'm not trying to get crazy and swap bumper covers but something more than stock would be cool.

Comment

Here's a link to a pic of mine. 5th post down...
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Wow man that fits like a glove. Gotta watch pulling up on those curbs!

Silly question...you ever notice any mpg loss with being so long in the front? There's gotta be some extra wind resistance there.

Comment

^^ I think the lower lips actually help with fuel economy. It helped on my old s10 at least, may be different for our cars however.
              Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

This is what I was looking at before.
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

Yeah if i can find a nice one with the fog lights i'm all over it. I've looked at them before (i have a buddy who races an S10) but a lot of them are chewed up from hitting curbs/sidewalks. $28 is pretty damn good though for a new one. Has anyone confirmed that they fit?

Nevermind, my buddy does have one and i just checked...it'll fit with a little heat and tweaking. I'll post up pics when i get it on.
                  Last edited by Evil D; 03-26-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

What I'd do is go to a junkyard and measure one up to see if its wider than the Festiva bumper, if it isn't then it shouldn't be hard to make fit.
                    Current cars:

Comment

This one is from a bimmer.
                      Last edited by chrisofna; 03-26-2010, 04:57 PM.
                      Current cars:

Comment

^ That's a sweet little car! Kinda mean looking too

Comment

FestivaWes has one from a s10 installed on his it looks good

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                          92 GL - parts car
                          97 aspire - parts car
                          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

I've got one that I pulled off my '91 Explorer before I sold it. It looks like the S10 ones except it must be a little wider. The contours fit the bottom of the Festiva perfect, but it's about 2" too wide. I was going to try to section it in the middle, cut 2" out and use plastic epoxy with a thin steel reinforcement plate on the back side to attach it back together.
                            I never got around to it, and now I have my FMS springs so the car sits too low.
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                            X