shaved hatch question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaved hatch question?

im going to shave my hatch on my festiva and i was wondering wat u guys were doing for opening them up thanks

Check this out:

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

It is set up to unlock it, but it could be used on the handle linkage as well.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Aftermarket Popper's and actuators

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

thanks but i was going real low buck has any one did a pull cable like on a trunk? i want to spend a few dollars not a hundered

Comment

A few dollars????? What do you call a shaved hatch?

This is what I call a shaved hatch, which is not going to be done for a few dollars
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Well you could probably do it for a few dollars, but its not going to look like that.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

That is awesome. Is that yours muscle?
              The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
              89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

thats Hot_Wheels's festiva.
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

maybe im wrong but the cable on the handle rod won't do much good, unless you have someone pull the hatch while your pulling the lever for the cable, what would work best is you need a linear-like actuator to push the hatch open while the other actuator is pulling the handle rod.

plus since the lock assembly is in the door and not on the body, the cable can only unlock the hatch, and not open it... unless you find a loooong cable, run it through the body, into the hatch, etc etc.. takes a real long cable though
                  Last edited by MTec007; 04-05-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

You could run a pull cable to open it, as long as you can fish the cable into the hatch... Something like a bike gear change cable or something similar would work.

I opened mine with a solenoid that was conrolled by my shaved door kit... my license plate sat behind a piece of plexiglass that was "frenched" into the shaved hatch there.
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I'm working on shaving the hatch on my aspire and building a 10" sub box into the hatch. Aspires are easier though because the latch is on the body.
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
                        You could run a pull cable to open it, as long as you can fish the cable into the hatch... Something like a bike gear change cable or something similar would work.

I opened mine with a solenoid that was conrolled by my shaved door kit... my license plate sat behind a piece of plexiglass that was "frenched" into the shaved hatch there.
                        bro that looks hella sick!! whered you get those tails??

Comment

looks to me like he masked off the shapes and then painted them, or had a Vinyl overlay made on some smoothies.
                          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

idk what he did but i like it!! i might try and conjure something up of my own

Comment

My ex-gf had a shaved hatch.
                              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                              Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                              X