Round headlights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round headlights.

Im currently working on a round headlight conversion. I always liked the way they looked so i said eh what the hell . I'm going to re-wire the plug ends to accept a 3 pronged bulb and was wondering if I can just rewire the plugs or is there any more that I need to do? There will be a total of 4 lights. Got the buckets from an old Toyota camper (no clue what model or year lol). Thanks guys.
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Yeah you can simply rewire them - I had to splice in new pigtails when I converted to the Kia pride headlights the key is to make sure your high and low wire is hooked up correctly. You may also consider installing a second relay for high and low if you have multiple bulbs on. Like the old Lincoln's that turned both sets of lights on for high.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

I was thinking about just running all four of them together. Will the stock relay be okay for this? Or will it be too much for it to handle? Would you happen to know which wires are low/high? Thanks for your input.
      Tyler

Comment

can't run all four for inspection.... gotta be sepperate high and low lenses if running 4.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

so only 2 of them can be wired for high beams? All 4 of them can be on, with low beams though right? Thanks Arty.
          Tyler

Comment

nope, for high beam, all 4 can work, but for low beam, only 2 (outside pair) can work.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

so, I would wire in the outside two lights with every wire, and then the middle two, only the high beam wire and the ground? Im so horrible at wiring...lol
              Tyler

Comment

yeah, that's what you do. the wiring is the easy part; figuring out what you want to work and how is the hard part.

Comment

alright cool, thanks for the help. I'll try to have them in before the strip party I also hope to get most of my body work by then too but i dont have many days off work....
                  Tyler

Comment

x2

Have an 80 Volvo 240 DL and an 80 Chysler LeBaron station wagon that are running four headlights each.. and the outer two are on with the low beam headlights all the time, the inner ones come on and the outers flick filaments once high beam is flicked on.

Both also use three prong connectors. What I'd be wondering about though is if you do a round light replacement, where you're going to be getting round replacements from as you go along, those are getting a lot rarer..
                    Carz:
                    '09 Ford F-150
                    '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
                    '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
                    225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
                    ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

they have them at walmart, I was just planning on getting them there.
                      Tyler

Comment

Working...
                      X