Power Rear Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Rear Windows

I have been thinking about how much i hate to have to get in the hatch to pop open my back windows.
    I remember that my Mom's 1997 Pontiac Montana has power rear windows that open like the ones in my Festiva. I am thinking about making a trip to the U-Pull-It this weekend to try to find a set of actuators and retrofit them to my Festiva. Thinking of running the wires up across the roof under the headliner, and putting the switch to control them in the dash in one of my empty switch spots.
    Has anyone tried something like this before? Any Suggestions? I will post pics when I start working on it.

i actually am in the process of this i just havnt found any vehichles to take them out of yet. our local yard sucks.

Comment

I will look for extras when i am at the yard. Do you know of any other cars that have those other than the 97 Montana?

Comment

The Chevy Trailblazers had this option in some of them.
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

most minivans, suvs, etc or the newer ones any ways

Comment

I can open the left rear window by just reclining my seat. Right rear is just a stretch, not too hard.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Unfortunately I am not that tall. lol Hoping to find some Saturday, as long as the weather is good. Need to find another u pull around there, my usual one was pretty picked over the last time I was there

Comment

Grand Caravans and their clones have those actuators also. I'm also doing this project, if I find an extra set I'll let you know
                John

91L 5-speed, RIP
                89L 4-speed, teal/white
                http://johnriederer.blogspot.com

Comment

i was thnking bout this last night, since i took my a/c out.
                  dodge caravans got them, they look easy to swap.
                  easiest swap would be lincon navigator, just bolts like the original
                  93L sold. First FESTY!
                  91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                  91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                  89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                  93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                  89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                  93GL Sold Too Soon!
                  91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

the only warning i want to give about this is make sure the motor doesnt push too far, beyond whatever the window can open, without breaking. and that it doesnt pull too much, if it pulls too much it can probably shatter the window. i planned on making sure of that, and using spacers on the window mount side of the motor if neccesary.

Comment

One more thing.. you'll need two empty switch slots, unless you wire both to one switch. I know the Caravans have separate switches for the rear vents.
                      John

91L 5-speed, RIP
                      89L 4-speed, teal/white
                      http://johnriederer.blogspot.com

Comment

all the vehicles i have seem use 2 switches, but i am only going to use one

Comment

My Mom's Montana only uses one, so that was the control scheme I was going to use as well. Seems a bit redundant to use two, since I always open both anyway.

Comment

IIRC Ford Windstars only have one switch for the rear wing windows.
                            '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by 1990festiva View Post
                              I have been thinking about how much i hate to have to get in the hatch to pop open my back windows.
                              I remember that my Mom's 1997 Pontiac Montana has power rear windows that open like the ones in my Festiva. I am thinking about making a trip to the U-Pull-It this weekend to try to find a set of actuators and retrofit them to my Festiva. Thinking of running the wires up across the roof under the headliner, and putting the switch to control them in the dash in one of my empty switch spots.
                              Has anyone tried something like this before? Any Suggestions? I will post pics when I start working on it.
                              Ha! you beat me to it! I have been looking for a van in the junkyard for forever for this. It will be an awesome modification since i also HATE having to get in the back to open the windows.

Comment

Working...
                              X