Zebra swoopies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zebra swoopies

Here is the damaged Festiva swoopy housing. It is chipped and slightly cracked.

Since the Protege mirror housing is identical, why not simply replace it? Only problem is that all the Protege mirrors were painted in body colors.
    I found a set of beautiful white Protege mirrors.

I quickly took apart the Festiva swoopy...

and then dissected the Protege mirror...

and combined the two of them ...

Before I operate on the passenger mirror, I wanted to have some opinions. If you had a white Festiva, would you put on a pair of zebra swoopies? The white mirror housings would probably look like ghosts floating in the air at night. Or, should I just paint the white mirror housings 30 degree black?

I'd rock them. Looks good. I guess I'll hang onto my protege mirrors. The guts are identical to the non-swoop power mirrors too, right?

Comment

identical guts

Protege guts and Festiva swoopy guts are identical. Always look for both ears intact inside every junk yard Protege mirror. Rip it apart just for the plastic piece with both ears.

Comment

I would definitely leave them like that. They look really good. The black base would match the window trim color and the mirror would match the car color. Very nice!
        Oscar

Comment

I did this to my car a week ago, just finally got pics today, only thing i did different was paint the original festiva swoopies.

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)
          -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
            I would definitely leave them like that. They look really good. The black base would match the window trim color and the mirror would match the car color. Very nice!
            X2 The black matching the trim and the white matching the car color would look good.
            '90 LX

Comment

Working...
            X