new rear brace bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rear brace bar

scott/leapin came over today and he just got dont installing his new rear strut bar and that got me thinking... i had a VERY short strut tower bar off of somthing (i dont know hat it came off of...) so i made up these bars to stiffen up the back and let me mount the bar

looks like a hack job lol...

also took out the rear seat belts.... i never use them so out they go...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Looks alright but the real question is how does it feel?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

i got done at 11pm last night so i havnt driven it yet... ill let you know in a bit

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

But there goes your luggage space......
        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
        Mark S.

Comment

Looks to me like it would flex the diagonal braces. Weld in a piece of conduit lol. My harness bar in my car killed my large object hauling capacity.

Comment

took it out for a drive and it solved my problem of the back "stepping out" much better now to make a front one

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
              took it out for a drive and it solved my problem of the back "stepping out" much better now to make a front one
              Was your back doglegging? that can be fixed by shimming the rear axle

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
              92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

I wonder if the same stiffening effect could be achieved by bracing underneath the car somehow? That way it wouldn't interfere with luggage space.
                If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                Mark S.

Comment

Looks great, Mike! Cheap solution to an irritating problem for sure.
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

dumb question here, what do the front and rear braces prevent the car from doing?

Comment

im pretty sure it just gives the car a stiffer ride....more stable feeling

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                        dumb question here, what do the front and rear braces prevent the car from doing?
                        Strut towers do flex a little, the braces (try to) prevent this as well as stiffening up the car.
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                        X