Remote Hatch Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Hatch Installed

So since i shaved all the handles on my car i have had to climb through the inside to open the rear hatch and well that was getting tiresome so i bought another popper, and with some ingenuity got it to work.

I ended up just using existing wires that ran from the front of the car to the hatch. I had to add a relay up front off of the control box and then in the back I used all existing holes to mount the solenoid and a pully I had from an old tent trailer. I used the existing arm to push down on the release and just hooked the cable to it then around the pully and to the solenoid. The pully is needed to create the downward push that is needed to get the latch to release.

I also installed a button on the dash which allows it to be popped from there as well...

The only other thing I added was the actual spring loaded popper, I installed it so it lines up with the rubber stopper on the hatch... it is only a 40 pounder and I think i could have gone a little heavier but it seems to work pretty good for now...

Here are some pics... oh and the cover on the hatch fits over all of this completely so you cant even see it there.

And the finally!!!

Last edited by LittleHoe; 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM.
    90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
    BEFORE AFTER

very neat!! love the look of your car btw!!

Comment

would like to try something like that. maybe a better write up of what you all did and need to complete the job? much appreciated.

Comment

awesome - precisely what I was wondering about the hatch

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
        X