Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for nites at opera...on the brassy slide

Grand old idea!

Know those peeper viewers to look out your front door? Here awhile back I ended up with one from the old front door of my Eureka apartment no one else wanted; which now is just behind the passenger side window about eight inches above the sheet metal of the door under the window glass.

I've already tested three different high-intensity key-chain colored lights; green, blue & red...whichever nationality I've forgotten to check on if I want to use three at once assuming I can find a couple more peeper viewers; but, the effect is startlingly vivid and classy already with only one. Next is the other side of the car anyway.

Perhaps in the future fixing the multi-voltage converter which uses the cigarette lighter, to be able to draw from that rather than the tiny batteries the little lights come with? There is likely more than enough juice to run a whole light-show, say three on each side; or if really seriously rabid on the plan, do a few behind the rear windows too.

Though just a single on each side like the original on the right could be an effective little dash of class in brass to begin with nao. No?

the width of these is pretty deep so you can go through a thick door, so making the little key-chain lights sort of trimmed to go inside as far as practical is what the current evolution calls for experiment with. Wish there was a computer camera as the twenty less change nearly, to get a roll developed has me waiting until there are some several shots; and less expenses exteriorly to this, to see to.

When you see the thing in broad daylight they don't produce much of an unusual sensation; where there is little to hint at their origins either, unless a person already knows: Which is nice as otherwise people would be tempted to look into the thing to see if there is some sort of special view to be had.

The impetus was to have the view looking inside to begin with, really; but, then when installed that was reversed from the idea, so that one would look from inside the car for a wide-angle shot just as if in a normal "dwelling."* This makes the light from the key-chain flashlights disperse beautifully, and the orange one comes out a vivid/prurient red for reasons unknown except to those most intimate with my personal philosophies-one might suspect?

What is now coming to mind is finding some flashers which would cause the lights to flicker, but there one has to make sure not an impossible distraction in these days of cell-phone slaughter let alone the piercing icy white headlights of millions of candle power.**

long ago all the interior plastic got removed; which is carcinogenic to begin with...that "new car" smell turns out to be bad for a person, ouch in many ways, eh? without the plastic in the way drilling the hole was pretty simple, then a rat-tailed file to open that to the larger dimension from the size aperture the drill bit left.

well, when the roll of film in the camera gets developed there will be some good pics to share...

another neat/nifty idea, to lift from the '66 vw "square-back" which got me around here and there for a dozen years from '82-'94; is finding commercial/laundromat style dryer "start" buttons, to make a keyboard set-up to use with scavenged horns, to play like musically percussive effects. hard to imagine where to place these on the dash, or there might be a few already; as there is already a j. c. whitney "tarzan yell horn" in the space which used to be the plastic of the grille opening. tarzan ain't bein around jane for a coon's age seems to have an anemic effect. wish the bugger'd end up road kill that is so discouraging...

*I sleep often when traveling in the back seat; where even hauling my april '72 Fender Rhodes stage 73 & Behringer K/A 2000 amp, there is enough room to lay down on the rear seat lodge diagonally in back.

Part of on-going R & D is to make a wholly enclosed area behind the front seats; to block the view from any passer-by knowing there is a sleeper inside...that rat motor, eh? NO, i mean me snoozing around noon of course! What seems most logical is to have window shades which roll up and down like the kind people always use for slap-stick humor; though there are probably many ways to fillet the feline, from furry to fat. my imagination has stalled out on this for years?

**Anyone, like me; believe that using those makes for reduced visibility, as the eyes choke their admission due to the increased glare: so that were everyone to return to the weakest possible illumination, we'd all see both better and easier? Sorta "thunder road" w/o too much noise...

post script: the two photos are ones handy, me with the shelving built for my eureka garage in the front room of the apartment here a couple winters ago...the bridge in the background of the vw photo is over the spokane river; the front seats are '50 gmc panel van ones, with a jump seat on the right...like sitting in a water-bed; nice since the rearr shocks were monroe-matic loadlevelers made for a bus...way coolest!

see ya all later...
    Last edited by bobstad; 06-28-2010, 08:13 AM.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

... what?

That was so difficult for me to read...

Went from peepholes with keychain lights to developing a roll of film.

Yeah, I don't know..
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Try harder, maybe?

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Originally posted by bobstad View Post
        Try harder, maybe?
        Write more clearly, maybe?
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Maybe hes just too genius for our puny minds.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Booooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb's baaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

Long time no see bob!
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Maybe hes just too genius for our puny minds.
              Ah yes, that's it.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                ... what?

That was so difficult for me to read...

Went from peepholes with keychain lights to developing a roll of film.

Yeah, I don't know..
                Lol...

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Bob has his own way, his writing just behooves the reader to concentrate in order to comprehend it sometimes. Hey, he owned (or maybe still owns) a Squareback; he's ok in my book.
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

Made sense to me.

-Scott
                    Aqua 93 L
                    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Alright, I took a long time to reread it and make as much sense of it as I could...

To sum it up,

It's a brilliant idea to power keychain lights with a cigarette lighter adapter and make crazy red lights out of orange LEDs while not attracting too much attention from those who might peer in even though the lights will be flashing while people on cell phones crash their cars and he rips out his interior because it's killing him and drops off his camera at CVS to get the pictures developed. Somehow a VW square-back is wound up in the idea as well.
                      -Zack
                      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

drugs
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Hello "Leapin"

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                          Made sense to me.
                          Hey; I noticed your unusual grill. Is that a stock one?

AND, I'm not that obscure if a person is literate to any small degree; or at least my impressions are such from others, who entertain much of my correspondence sent their way frequently.

When first posting here, I'd learned a lot about that; from usually clicking "send" at around three or four in the morning after writing all night from late in the afternoon; only to wake up and look again hours later at what I'd written and get terrified at the huge mess made in the website; which had been my introduction to writing on-line, from a long thread which is called "My Great Sticker Idea; SOMNAMBULANCE for safety!"

Once I'd gotten back to what I'd written, which was in the distant past of 2006 that spring, the website has since changed policy about; I'd spend countless hours rewriting everything I'd posted the previous night when I'd thought I'd written down what I'd had in mind clearly and easy enough to comprehend: Which in fact was really still just the turgid imaginings of my obviously demented ways of thought, trying to find a reasonable expression.

Finally though, and this went on for a couple weeks if I'm not mistaken; I'd get to where I'd have what ended up having to stand the test of time as my proclamations about this and that; which in fairness and kindness to others I tried to give an automotive theme, though ranging probably from bestiality to virgin birth in between, since these are obviously car oriented activities often associated in society with automobiles, no?

The point, is that now I make the effort beforehand, to make sure a person of adequate experience, is able to glean what I've got in mind, from what I post. I think reading and writing both take not only practice, but also living; to be of interest to anyone. Thus a person has capacities which are like magnets, attracting them here and there if there is any sort of substance which is similar to draw with, from internally so to speak.

I think posting here is sort of fun; but also I worry that this website is exactly the same format as another which won't allow me to join despite supposedly also being open to anyone; which is for people suffering from back problems that has a medical orientation. I have problems from ramifications of two different spinal diseases; a congenital one and also from the juvenile "Schuerman's Disease" I wish he'd kept to himself.

They only began to accurately diagnose me when I was twenty-four, the first time I got x-rayed after an on-the-job back sprain; when I could see tiny scallops where bone rubbed against bone in the middle section of my vertebrate behind my sternum, while cartilage was failing to grow between my vertebrate when I was in my teens they supposedly don't know the causes of, due to poor blood circulation. Brutally painful, by the way.

I don't know how they got my "number" but this sort of thing suggests massive invasive capabilities of the overlords of society; who single out anyone likely to want to subvert or otherwise challenge their authority: Whose only claim to that is their stringent means of control based upon trashing life so thoroughly there is good reason to believe the recovery by others of a more reasonable sanity is bound to be defeated.

The square-back got sold to Todd Molynuex, son of the criminal couple depicted in the book and movie THE FRENCH CONNECTION; born after those events, who I met in Spokane as a sixteen year-old in '89 and sold the car to I'd had a dozen years, the fall of '94 who by then operated his own VW wrecking yard along with working as a local music promoter also an aspiring Latin percussionist. I'd just installed a new Ghia Type III dragster transmission he'd wanted to part out to use in a van he'd had, so likely the car hasn't survived which would be a shame; since by then this had become a pretty spectacular vehicle, with '67 Camaro bucket seats in the rear using a special bracket I'd made out of some heavy galvanized sheet metal, as well as the '50 GMC one-ton panel truck front bucket seats, and a myriad of other "refinements" which were all done while attempting to live out of the thing I'd built an alternate rear seating arrangement for, using the original frame below the seat bottom to hold a sheet of plywood I slept on using a Thermarest air-mattress which just fit perfectly there.

I'd also recently over-hauled the motor on the VW the fourth time I'd had to do that; which after ten thousand miles was running great, so Todd for his $200 got himself an excellent deal, who at the time had been paranoid I'd been trying to rip him off so drove down the price so low even if that were so he'd not be much damaged. There was at the time a really fine VW establishment also interested in the car, but which would've paid even less; when I'd bought a '75 Chevy panel van for $600 due to being sick and tired of sleeping curled up in the fetal position all the time in the back of the square-back.

At first Todd even offered me a grocery bag of red cannabis buds I turned down, feeling I'd probably smoke all of that rather than be able to sell any profitably; thus ending up a permanent resident there homeless in Spokane's tiny "Peaceful Valley" neighborhood that was starting to become gentrified even then; which I'd wanted to avoid like the proverbial plague since run by organized crime for the most part, as is the rest of that most problematic town which rivals Tacoma on the coast in Washington state, as the two most disgusting* urban places a person can end up in struggling to survive in this place named for the slave-holding first president of the country they'd wanted to make the king; which I'd come to January of '89 trying to sleep through the winter in my car in the campgrounds of the Los Padres National Forest near Santa Barbara & San Luis Opisbo, CA.

The Ghia dragster transmission is one I'd just installed working a couple of nights with a kerosene lamp and a flashlight held in my mouth; in the parking lot on the Olympia, WA waterfront, of an artist and musician's collective there in what was once a small, one-story state office building; called STUDIO 321 @ 321 Jefferson Street.

The transmission is one a musician in El Cerrito, CA just north of Berkeley sold via a want ad for $300; who'd had the unfinished car in the basement of his house seven years he was finally parting out; since he'd started getting gigs as the car neared completion, so that he'd never been able to finish the thing I got to look at a little then.

I packed the damned transmission around in the back of the car with me that summer until early in August of '94 when the temperature was over a hundred in Olympia; which is where I finally decided I could do the work; done at night since I couldn't of functioned during the day well enough with the temperature that high. Or at least that was my reasoning then, for working at night.

Well, so for $200 Todd got the car with brand new transmission built for a dragster, and a motor I'd spent $600 on for parts and machine work, done by the famous RIMCO of Santa Ana, CA I'd had to send back to have fifteen dollars worth of what are called "case-savers" installed on; that are steel inserts which hold the head bolts into the engine case halves, since those typically begin to pull out of the magnesium as the motors get older, I'd tried to save a little money on, but after the first hundred miles re-torquing the heads I noticed the head bolts were pulling out.

There were local people willing to do the machine work on the VW motor, but pothead friends of a mechanic I'd known in town; none of whom I'd of trusted to empty a piss pot properly, let alone deal with me honestly. Where there is so much prejudice and such typical of the society there, which is always driven by a reactionary mind-set due to the right-wing controls of organized crime and their minions who run the city.

"A mafia retirement town" is what they call Spokane, of which locals my friends comment; "well, at least they're retired." More Italian restaurants and bowling alleys per capita than anyplace on earth; in the south hill part of town where those have become congregated. Also a place with a reputation for prostitution; which is what the Peaceful Valley community grew up as the residential center of, beginning in the 1890s when the railroad had been the biggest deal around.

*For whatever reasons, this website censors the use of the word "disgusting" or "disgust" that seems so sickly prudish I can't bring myself to alter the text as written. Perhaps someone can explain this, and/or alter the function which has beset me here? Does "D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G" upset anyone to have to read?

Comment

disgusting

haha

Comment

Too much writing for my blind-eyes to try to focus in on, but I am loving the chevy sticker in the Ford's rear window...
                              The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                              89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
                              X