Chin spoilers and Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chin spoilers and Wings

Im looking at making a few visual changes to my festiva so i was wondering what cars people take their parts from to make the chin spoliers and the rear wings?
    Also where is a good place to get rims that will fit on the car will 15 inch rims fit?

well...15's fit...but don't tend to look exactly the best. 13's and 14's fit well. Depending on how wide of a tire depends on how much of an issue rubbing will be. There are a lot of factors and I have purposefully not looked into it yet for the mere sake of cash required to get everything together.
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

yeah i was just wondering what most people put on

Comment

and what exhaust tip do you have on yours ?

Comment

I have 14's, most people try to get the factory spoilers ( aka "wing")

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

There's a group buy that includes a chin spoiler. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27192
            '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by Centipede3001 View Post
              Im looking at making a few visual changes to my festiva so i was wondering what cars people take their parts from to make the chin spoliers and the rear wings?
              Also where is a good place to get rims that will fit on the car will 15 inch rims fit?
              Chin spoilers... I assume this is a lip. Most people I know seem to use lawn edging or some similar product. Try googling it for some How-to's from larger forums like NASIOC and the Honda ones.

Rear wings... nothing will look right except the factory one. Get all over your local junkyard.

If I were you, I'd stick to 14's. 185/60-14s are Miata-spec, and really easy to find. My speedo is fairly accurate, I've GPS-tested it. To get these to fit in the rear, you can either run spacers (very easy to find on Ebay) or instead get some Aspire struts the way Tom did.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I always wanted to pull one off of a BMW and try to make it work. Like the E30s with the two fog lights, or the S10/Blazer ones. Old school Japanese car guys do that alot.
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                  I always wanted to pull one off of a BMW and try to make it work. Like the E30s with the two fog lights, or the S10/Blazer ones. Old school Japanese car guys do that alot.
                  Old school Japanese car guys
                  ?????
                  The H.A.M.B.
                  http://www.jalopyjournal.com

Comment

^ what's the part you don't understand? I think he's talking about 510s, 1st gen celicas, etc.
                    Oscar

Comment

Chin spoiler.

OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                        There's a group buy that includes a chin spoiler. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27192

That really hasn't gotten anywhere as a mold still needs to be done up by the fiberglass guy in cali through wes in missouri from Eurotiva in florida. I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Anywho for lips are you just looking at modifing the stocker or getting another bumper altogether?

Lips
                        Eurostiva:

Others on here use the garden edging.

Bumpers
                        GTX:

Euro:

Focus:

Civic/ranger hybrid:

Spoiler/wings
                        stock festy:

Pride shout:

Aftermarket:

As far as wheels/tires go with 13" or 14" with a bias towards 14" for them being easily obtained. In my opinion 15"+ look too big
                        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I've got a bumper swap but I'm pretty sure this lip/chin spoiler would also fit the stock festy bumper. Not sure what model, but it(the lip) is originally from an old volvo.....

"Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

83?-93 s10 blazer spoiler

I love the look of this style spoiler.
                            This is off Dean's track car from madness "best angle I got"
                            Also, doesnt exactly look like the blazer spoiler, but close.
                            93L sold. First FESTY!
                            91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                            91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                            89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                            93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                            89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                            93GL Sold Too Soon!
                            91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys and i really like the Civic/ranger hybrid and lanemeyer14's front bumper and yeah now thati see the wings i dont think i like the wings
                              lanemeyer14 did you have to do a lot of customizing to get the bumper ot fit or was it a direct swap ?

Comment

Working...
                              X