chin spoiler upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chin spoiler upgrade!

zippy got a face lift today well actually a face drop lol... i was digging thru some old parts i had and i found a chin spoiler/ air dam thing from a 1986 toyota MR-2 parts car... it fits awesome all i had to do was center it up (all 4 center holes line up PERFECT) and then bend the outer edges out a bit cause its a tiny bit smaller than the festiva... then i drilled some holes and put some zap straps/ zip ties in to hold it there, then chop off the over hang on the ends cause the thing is to long... now your done i also FINALY found some VHT nite shade paint to do the rest of my lights... (in canada its hard to find...) i re-did my turn signals and then did the corner markers... only a light coat cause i dont want to get hassel from the cops... i know it looks dark in the pics but its not that dark in real life... here are some pics...

my plan when i first put it on there was to paint it black cause i didnt have any color match paint... so it looked like this for a day...

then i found this bottle of spray paint my dad has held on to for about 10 zillion years... i didnt even think it had air still left in it to spray... but sure as heck it worked... i tested it out and it looked to be a perfect match look how old this thing is...

now that my bumper is lower i dont think the IC loks very good cause there is a huge space from the bottom of the intercooler to the bottom of the lip... the stock part of the bumper covers about 3 rows of intercooler, so i was thinking i could chop off more bumper to expose more intercooler... but i cant decide how to chop it... what one do you think looks better?

#1.

or

#2.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    but i cant decide how to chop it... what one do you think looks better?
    It looks like you could cut #2 first, then if you don't like it you could cut it to #1, but then you can't go back.
    '90 LX

Comment

oooo your smart.... thanks

im off to chop my bumper...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Looks good Mike. Reminds me of another car i've seen on here somewhere
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

no car looks like zippy

i went out there but i cant do it.... i cant decide if i want to chop it or leave it and if i chop it what way to chop it.... i think ill leave it lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

^ i'm gonna put a zipper on my car lol
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Quite impressive. The 86 MR2 lips fended a lot better that the 87+ lips, if you were to have used a perfect one of those we would of had problems, lol.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Nice find. There's an 85 MR2 at the Calgary PnP right now. I'll have to see if the lip is there and in good shape.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                X