Xmas in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas in July

Got this in the mail today. Got a tip from my new best buddy.(THANK YOU !) It was ordered from a local Ford Dealer. Guess there are still a few around. I asked about the silver kit also but they didnt show any of those being left. I also asked how many Red kits there were and the guy ask me how many I needed. I said all I can get. $58

sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

awww no way, lucky!!
    1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
    :spam1:is delicious

Comment

red stripe

Is this the kit with the red swoosh that says Festiva?

I have been trying for a year to get one for my green Festiva.

Red is the direct complement of green.

Does he have one left?

If so, let me know which dealership, thanks.

Comment

So are you selling them at $58 a set?
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
          You know he won't. Hoarder
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Your Welcome Freshtiva, it was nice talking with you today.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              Is this the kit with the red swoosh that says Festiva?
              Yes

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
              I'll probably hold on to them until I find a use for them. Several of my cars have stripe kits and if I were to get in an accident its nice to have a matching stripe replacement if I need to change a fender or something. Heaven forbid !!

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
              You know he won't. Hoarder
              Hoarded or saved ? The dealership was hoarding them ( for 20 years), Robb got them into the right hands for preserving them. Whatever happens with them at least they'll be in the festiva community now instead of sitting on a shelf gathering dust. All the NOS festiva stuff needs to be gathered up before its lost forever. IMHO
              Last edited by freshtiva; 07-29-2010, 11:24 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                I'll probably hold on to them until I find a use for them. Several of my cars have stripe kits and if I were to get in an accident its nice to have a matching stripe replacement if I need to change a fender or something. Heaven forbid !!

Hoarded or saved ? The dealership was hoarding them (for 20 years), Robb got them into the right hands for preserving them. Whatever happens with them at least they'll be in the festiva community now instead of sitting on a shelf gathering dust. All the NOS festiva stuff needs to be gathered up before its lost forever. IMHO
                So the question comes down to, Which is better? Saving for yourself or helping out others? With your rep as a hoarder, it seems you are a Festiva community of one. Now, the only difference is that the parts sit on your shelf gathering dust, not the dealership's. Of course it does give you some piece of mind to have lotsa backup parts, but still....

I don't mean this to sound like an attack Fresh, just something to think about. You are certainly free to do with your parts what you want, and I don't begrudge you that. Really. But what really matters in the long run? What will we be remembered for when it's time to check out? Let's try to not let our material goods own us, rather than the other way around.

Now that I have attained geezer status , I am starting to think about things like this.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Of course you fail to mention the three festivas and numerous rare festiva options Ive sold in the past year. All of which Im sure are being enjoyed by other festiva people.
                  sigpic

Comment

Of course you fail to mention the three festivas and numerous rare festiva options Ive sold in the past year. All of which Im sure are being enjoyed by other festiva people.
                    Only failed to mention due to ignorance, not design. So maybe you're not such a hoarder as it would seem?
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

But now I guess Im a money grubbing profiteer gouging unsuspecting buyers ?

sigpic

Comment

But now I guess Im a money grubbing profiteer gouging unsuspecting buyers ?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...k&myworld=true
                        If you say so ; I never did.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I just figured that was next , you just cant please some people it seems, no matter what you do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X