Cargo light location on Festiva??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo light location on Festiva??

On the aspire it was on the hatch. The only place it looks like it goes is on the driver side right before the speaker. Is that correct?? I don't remember if it had the wiring when I pulled the panel off, does all festiva's have the wiring?? I know about the latch, which I don't have for either the aspire or festiva, so I'm going to wire up a push button, similiar to the front doors.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Re: Cargo light location on Festiva??

Originally posted by ericsmith32
    On the aspire it was on the hatch. The only place it looks like it goes is on the driver side right before the speaker. Is that correct?? I don't remember if it had the wiring when I pulled the panel off, does all festiva's have the wiring?? I know about the latch, which I don't have for either the aspire or festiva, so I'm going to wire up a push button, similiar to the front doors.
    The Festivas w/ rear defrost have the wiring.

There's a "hole" below the passenger speaker that the light sort of snaps into.

The wiring is behind the tail lights.

The trunk latch on Festivas with the light has a switch built in; regular latches lack this feature. I used a mercury switch instead of swapping out latches.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Thanks Tim... I guess i'm lucky I don't have a rear defroster and it had the wiring for light. Now I just need get to my parts car and pull the push button switches from the doors and get r done.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
      X