Console NEED HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console NEED HELP

GOt the protoge console today, got the front part in, not likeing the gap in between, i understand some put gauges in there, but i think that will look stupid. Plus who needs gauges. Also, when installing the rear part of the console, i ran into a problem with the seat belts, i have automatic seat belts, and the console wont fit with them in. Any ideas on what else i could do for that ugly gap or the rear part of the counsel, any help is appreciated.
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

pix?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I have the same console in my 91 and for the seat belt problem I had to notch the console around the seat belt mount and then I took the seat belt latch from the driver side and swapped it with the passenger side and took the passenger side and swapped it with the driver side and I had to force the console down to the floor and for the gap my camera is broken so I only pics on my phone but if you pm me your phone number I could send the pics via phone unless some one from the St.Louis meet got a pic of my console and could post them up
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Here's a pic of the front half of mine
        Here is the whole thing before I added the arm rest
        Here's after I put in the arm rest
        I can get more pics. if needed hopefully these pictures came through ok this is the first time attempting to post pics. from my phone
        Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Nice, what did you use? Is that the stock box? You just cut up?

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

the box on top is out of a mid 90s model 626 and the sides of that box are the original festiva box that I cut and screwed it on

Comment

i was thinking about making a plexi glass box or maybe even carbon fiber and then at a later date if i want i can add a couple of gauges in that location.

Comment

Originally posted by mckabe View Post
                who needs gauges
                Dang, you should be a politician

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Why do you say that?

Comment

First you say "who needs gauges"

then

Originally posted by mckabe View Post
                    [...]i can add a couple of gauges in that location.
                    Lol!

Comment

if I felt the need to lol meaning if I end up doing a swap with some crazy turbo motor, I have a spot for the gauges

Comment

I was just messing with you! How are the cupholders? You think they are sturdy/big enough for a descent sized fountain pop?

Comment

Look at my pictures in the thread protege console I posted, as you see they are very sturdy, I can fit two large mcdonalds soda's in there. And sorry I'm wisconsinite, so it's soda not pop

Comment

I guess its better than calling everything coke

Comment

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X