Protege console how to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protege console how to.

1st. Remove console from protege remove the middle bracket from the protege.

2nd Remove the storage bin and plastic piece around e-brake.

3rd install the front half of the console. Then mark holes from where the original screws were and drill new holes through the protege console. then install screws.

4th. Line up the middle braket from the protege at the end of the console. Drill holes through the carpet and floor boards. the install the bracket with screws. next Start to fit the rear of the console in, i had to cut away much of the console where the seat belts fit in. it all depends on the car, i also had to swith my belt recievers left to right, right to left, so on.

5th mark holes on rear half of the console to use the stock bracket from the festiva. run a drill on the mark then, you guessed it. screw it on.

6th. Run a screw to hold the two pieces togeter using the protege console middle bracket you installed in the fourth step. Now you are complete.

Now you have that big gap. ugly i know. so i got a piece o foam poster bard and made a box to fit, epoxied the edges to hold it together, reinforced it with fiberglass, then decided to cover it with carbon fiber i got from a shop. the stuff was next to paper thin, rigid, but i could still cut with a scissors. epoxied that to the sides, and front, looks fantastic. could even install some gauges in the front.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

juSt curios if this helped anyone and what people think of how I filled the gap?

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

nice article mckabe and ill use your pics as reference....is it ok?
      i got a 323 center console with cupholders (just like yours) lately.. but the problem im still looking for the "arm rest" the on the handbrake thingy....

gerard

kia pride beta gtx (4 door sedan in Philippines)
      1.3L carb engine
      b+g lowering springs
      15" mags with 185/45/r15 tires

Kia pride 2 door
      1.1L carb engine
      all stock=))

Comment

If you want to redo the article and post the pics in the appropiate steps so they appear in the article we can post it as a how to in the article section.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Oh okay, and I love the console. Couldn't be better

Comment

How do I post pics properly? Tried to figure it out couldn't get it.

Comment

Use the IMG tab on photobucket paste it in the location for the pic.
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

Working...
              X