Power Wing Windows! (with video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
    See I would do this, but I never use my rear windows. I want to find a way to make them actually roll down, but thats alot of fab work I dont plan on doing to my festy. lol
    yeah bc its only hot (over 80) 1 month a yr around here lol, last yr it was 115deg. and i was wishing i had not taken my a/c out!

thats a cool mod bc i hate reaching back to open them damn things!!

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
      I want to find a way to make them actually roll down, but thats alot of fab work I dont plan on doing to my festy. lol
      That would be aweeessoommmeee, but I don't think there's enough space inside that body panel for even half of the window to roll down into. The tire, gas filler neck and all that jazz is there.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Why not order a power window kit from Mirko in Germany?
      left & right winders, armrests, switches.

I guess I could, but I was thinking this was going to be a cheap, 'if it works, great!' type project.

You could use the wiring harness from a 91 Mazda MPV. It had similar switches in the armrests.
      I am in the process of taking one apart at the junk yard.
      I will finish getting the wiring that goes behind the dash to the door harnesses on each side.

That's an idea. I'll have to see if they have any in the yard.
      The Pride manual sounds cool. Wouldn't mind taking a look at that when you've got it up
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

error check

Please check this Pride EGI scan for errors.

Especially for power windows, power antenna, digital clock and power locks.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 03-21-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Stop giving me ideas!

They are 27V but work fine on 12V?
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I am looking for small motors too! It looks like a straight push.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 03-21-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
              Stop giving me ideas!

They are 27V but work fine on 12V?
              Yep, they work fine. You don't have to run them at their rated voltage.
              -Zack

Comment

How much did you pay for the motors, if you don't mind me asking?
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I won the auction for $15 bucks shipped and their listing said they were from a watchmaker's estate. It was totally a crazy coincidence... I never search ebay, nor bid on anything but buy it now items!
                  -Zack

Comment

Hey crazyrog! How many RPMs are your motors rated for?

They look very slow. Maybe 100 ?

200 rpm motors are about 1" diameter.
                    100 rpm motors are about 1/2" diameter.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 03-26-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks to Dan for digging this up. Let's put together an article about powered rear windows.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I used to be interested in doing this before I bought a very large cylinder of R-12 on Kijiji.
                        I looked at hiding a spare Caravan wing motor. Too big. I now have wiring harness running along both sides, due to a power hatch lock.
                        Maybe I can revisit looking at wing motor covers from some new subcompacts. I should have paid more attention at the auto show, than speaking with all of the lovely girls.

Comment

Working...
                        X