capri gauge cluster in a festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capri gauge cluster in a festiva?

is it a easy swap? I would love a tach but not one of those stupid ass 19" monster tachs with the head light attached to it. I will probably get a festiva gauge cluster but i have the mercury one avalible and would like to use it. Is it easy to do?
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

First thing to do it to see is it will fit in the festi cluster housing. I don't think it will I also have a Capri But I was looking more at switching the entire dash. If it will fit in the dash the wiring can always be tackled.
    Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
    187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

is there any other domestic cars (i.e. ford or mercury even mazda) who's instrument clusters would work in a festiva?
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

so far the best 1 I've found is the '98 110mph UK cluster. Direct replacement as far as fitting is concerned..

but I have yet to see anything besides B6Ts 323 dash swap. Don't know if he ever got it working or if he switched back to the festiva version or not.

Comment

Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

dude I need that pic of the back of the cluster with the plugs on it there or a numbered diagram. It seems there are a couple of things that don't work right. like when the seatbelt light comes on my lower hazard light comes on.. and there's no light buzzer.. hate that.. I always use my running lights so that I at least have a better chance at someone seeing me before they run me over...

Comment

Gotta put battery's in the camera, just for you I'll do it tomorrow!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

how hard is it to get a hold of one of those UK clusters?
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                X