Plastidip'd the Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastidip'd the Festiva

Went ahead and finally had time to Plastidip the front and rear bumbers along with the side moldings and hatch panel. I think it actually turned out better in person than the pictures show, but even in the pictures it came out pretty good. I'm very satisfied with the results, it looks factory fresh

Before:

After:

It was still drying in some of those pictures, I expect it to cure and level out better overnight.

Comment

nice work what a difference!!!
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

nice, I used restore black on my protege... sponging it on was slower but turned out just as good from what I can see.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I think it looks awesome....nice work!
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

What's a bumber?

Plastidip looks great but scratches very easily. Not the best thing for bumpers. At least it's easy to peel and re-spray.

Looks good though!
            Oscar

Comment

After a few days of delivering pizza's and some rain it's still holding up great!

Comment

Looks good! Also, try Krylon plastic paint. Did my bumpers with their black a year ago and still looks good. Never thought of Plasti Dip, to be honest.

Comment

Nice, i'm still debating painting my bumpers, mirrors, and side moldings different on my aspire. I think I may go this route after seeing your results. Turned out nice in my opinion! I love those rims man they really set the car off.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I used restore black on mine as well, the plastidip looks great if it holds up. More of a matte finish, looks good.

By the way, is that clear coat peeling on your hood? I thought Festivas used single stage paint??
                    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Is that a Bosal muffler on your Festiva? Do you still have the cat and resonator? What is the sound and noise level like?

Comment

Here's the bumpers using Krylon Fusion. The front one is done, the back one is up next.

Comment

And here's how they look about a year later. Sorry the picture's so dark. Will upload a bunch of new ones of the TrkTva

Comment

I meant the one in front is done (it's the rear, of course) and the one in back is not done (which is the front). How confusing is that?

Comment

The next step is to make em pretty with some pin-striping! Page three of my build for some before and afters.
                              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                              X